Finance - Legal Entity Controller - Corporate Accounting - Associate - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
As a Legal Entity Controller you will take complete ownership of the financial reporting and monitoring across a wide range of legal entities. You will develop an in-depth understanding of these entities, including their business strategies, products and associated technical accounting and disclosure requirements. We're looking for a bright, driven professional to join our Legal Entity Controllers team, who is keen to use and develop their technical accounting skills to provide high quality reporting and analysis of our entities' assets and profitability in a challenging and varied environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Preparation, analysis and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting to senior management, directors, and other key stakeholders (predominantly under Polish GAAP/US GAAP)
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements, including resolving complex technical accounting issues and disclosure requirements, and liaising with external auditors / consultants
- Take full ownership and become the subject matter expert (or Financial Controller equivalent) for entire legal entities, or significant processes for large entities, across many of the firm's different business lines
- Understanding the business and strategy of your entities, keeping up-to-date with business and market developments and communicating this effectively to key stakeholders
- Facilitating the quarterly consolidated reporting of the Goldman Sachs Group with regular interaction with Financial Reporting in New York
- Leading and facilitating periodic reporting to local authorities such as National Bank of Poland, Central Statistical Office, etc. with regular interaction with multiple teams across the firm and across the globe
- Coordination with multiple teams across the firm - and across the globe - including Corporate Treasury, Legal, Compliance, Tax and Transfer Pricing, in a collaborative and problem-solving capacity
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve our workflows, technology, and integrity of reporting information
- Understand the impact of regulatory developments and proactively work to identify solutions
- Involvement in a broad range of cross-divisional projects and initiatives
- Recently qualified accountant
- ACA or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate technical accounting knowledge in your current area of expertise
- Experience in preparation of audited financial statements under Polish GAAP. Knowledge of USGAAP / IFRS advantageous.
- Good understanding of Polish tax and regulatory reporting requirements
- A track record of improving processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders
- Strong analytical skill
- You demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment
- Functional expertise - Enjoy keeping up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Strong technical accounting skills
- You demonstrate strong technical skills, pay attention to detail, take initiative to broaden your knowledge and resolve accounting issues
- Personal drive and motivation - Successfully handle multiple tasks, take initiative to improve your own performance, work intensely towards challenging goals
- A client and business focus - Effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long-term relationships with clients, help the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Strong teamwork ethic
- You are a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- You collaborate well with others within and across teams, encourage other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Excellent communication skills - Communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and share information/new ideas with others
- Fluent in Polish and English language
- Judgement and problem solving
- You will always be thinking ahead, able to anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives.
- Creativity/Innovation and a desire to add value - Look for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- The ability to influence outcomes - Present sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Able to take a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.