Equities Technology - STS Technology - Software Developer
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Nov 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
We are looking for a technical individual to join our Warsaw engineering team, working closely with other Engineers, Traders and Sales to work on automation projects. This will involve:
- Client performance and risk reporting
- Trading execution and booking automation
- Electronic distribution/client facing web development
- Client trade data analytics
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
- Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will be working with a team of highly capable, experienced engineers, in an open and meritocratic environment. Healthy discussions and consensus-building are encouraged and appreciated.
- You will gain technical expertise and business knowledge, and will apply them to deliver real-world solutions for the business. Deep analysis of client activity and in-depth business intelligence is key driver for business push to grow the STS business. Your contribution will play a big role in delivering on this vision.
- You will build relationships with colleagues from various parts of the firm, from Trading, Sales, Structuring, Operations, and many other teams over the course of your career.
- You will learn how Goldman Sachs work and conduct a complex business
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience software developer: Java, Python
- Some experience of web development
- Good communicator, with experience of working with colleagues and stakeholders across regions.
- Good analytical skills and clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Highly motivated, committed, self-starting and the ability to multi task
- Prior knowledge of the equity market is not required but is an advantage.
- Knowledge of derivatives products and derivatives business
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.