Equities Technology - Equities Risk Engineering - Frontend Developer
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Nov 18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Equity Risk Engineering is a team of engineers that cover all Equities Trading business around the globe at Goldman Sachs by helping them measure and manage risk and profitability for firm trading books. The team has a broad mandate which includes development of risk engines, reliable scheduling of trading desk risk computations, data warehousing and aggregation of business metrics including profit/loss and market risk. In addition to evolving the risk platform they are involved in specific exercises to optimize the business including analytics to understand capital and regulatory risk cost drivers as well as commercial optimizations based on intraday analytics and hedging tools. The team works closely with desk-specific quants and senior traders in the division to help maximize the profitability of Goldman Sachs' Equities franchise.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULLFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- As a part of stats team be involved in implementing a new, strategic architecture for Risk and P&L collection, storage and reporting;
- Use a variety of different technologies to provide cost effective, high performance, robust, business information platform with tremendous capacity.
- Provide impact in a variety of tactical work by being close to the day-to-day activity on the trading desks;
- Gain exposure to a wide range of equities businesses within Goldman Sachs, ranging from cash equities to vanilla options through to complex exotic products;
- Be a part of a new team located in our Warsaw office, which will own important parts of the equities risk management platform;
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Interest in and commitment to clean code principles and good coding practices
- Ability and willingness to participate in code review process and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a diverse, global team.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development.
- Master's, PhD, further education or experience in computer science or related field
- Expert knowledge in one or more of:
- Programming in a compiled language such as Java, or C++ or interpreted such as Python and experience with concurrency and memory management.
- Databases, particularly MemSQL, Sybase IQ/ASE, RedShift, Elastic Search, any HDFS-based.
- Responsive web development.
- Experience with visualizing large datasets.
- Architecture of distributed systems
- Knowledge or interest in trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.