Data Science Senior Analyst
As a Data Science Senior Analyst you will provide analysis on the New Products launched by Citi according to the Compliance's requirements and analyse productivity related items which include identifying the cause of case volume increase, root cause of volume changes and formulation of solutions to address issues. Also apply rigorous analytical methods to organize, analyse, and interpret data and reports; ensure appropriate methodology is selected to draw conclusions and make recommendations answering specific business needs. Other responsibilities include:
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data
- Analyze reports of data duplicates or other errors to provide ongoing appropriate inter-departmental communication and monthly or daily data reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Data Reporting
- In collaboration with others, interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
- Use visualization techniques to display data and the results of analysis in clear straightforward presentations that can be understood by non-technical readers
- Provide written explanations of approach and analysis in plain language that supports the conclusions and observations
- Perform basic statistical analyses for projects and reports
- Create and present quality dashboards
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports
- Drive quality, reliability and usability of all work products
- Evaluate and refine the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy
- Innovate and generate new ideas, concepts and models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data
- Think outside the box and look for new methods to constantly improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the AML Detection, Monitoring and Operations systems and processes used in Citi
- Document solutions and present results in a simple comprehensive way to non-technical audience, as well as write more formal documentation using statistical vocabulary
- Maintain an industry leading knowledge of the tools, systems and processes available for best in class AML Detection and Monitoring Operations
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in respective field
- Knowledge of statistics, at least to the degree necessary in order to communicate easily with statisticians
- Data analyst background
- Fluent English
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data visualization and database design development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, and Visio)
- Experience in data mining tools/techniques and procedures and knowing when their use is appropriate
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience using SAS or other statistical packages is desirable for analysing large datasets
- Required experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server and Data Marts/Data Warehouses.
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- AML Compliance and Mantas knowledge would be a plus
- Knowledge of the local/regional laws and regulations applicable to anti-money laundering is a plus
- Previous experience with financial services companies is preferred (retail banking, small business banking, commercial, institutional, private banking)
- Opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Access to the latest technologies and tools
- Excellent working environment
- Possibility to take part in a wide range of challenging projects
- The package of trainings, industry certifications
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .