Corporate Treasury Operations - Core Treasury Ops - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCE | Corporate Treasury
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's funding, liquidity, capital and relationships with creditors and regulators. Corporate Treasury manages the firm's financial resources and minimizes interest expense through liability planning, asset liability management, and liquidity portfolio yield enhancement. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong quantitative analysis skills and risk management capabilities since Treasury actively manages the firm's financial resources which are constantly changing due to business activity, markets, risk appetite, regulations and other factors. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OPERATIONS
Operations partners with all areas of Goldman Sachs to deliver our institutional, consumer and asset management businesses and to provide a seamless experience for our clients. We manage and process our clients' business, including onboarding, post-trade processing and regulatory compliance. Our teams work closely across the firm to develop and deliver new products and services, while mitigating operational risk and enhancing the client experience. We drive process and technology change to scale and automate our businesses. Operations professionals are either embedded in the revenue division that they support, or they support multiple businesses and are part of core Operations. YOUR IMPACT
You are looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic team that has broad connectivity across the firm for a franchise critical process. You will collaborate with cross-Federation teams and across the globe to manage the firm's cash payments and receipts each day. You have a strong desire to learn about the firms different businesses and how they support our client and manage business risks, as well as work closely with a network of key banks and internal payments team to ensure smooth execution. OUR IMPACT
Treasury Services provide payment processing, liquidity, cash management and bank relationship management services for our institutional, retail, and corporate clients as well as firmwide flows. Treasury Services have regional presence in Salt Lake City, Dallas, New York, London, Warsaw, Bangalore, Singapore, and Tokyo. Our primary objective is to deliver smooth money movements and ensure accurate reconciliation into our firm's books & records. Our team also works actively in the payment regulation and payment infrastructure space.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Support daily bank account reconciliation for our firm and client cash flows
- Work closely with various business units in Global Markets (Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies, & Commodities), Consumer & Investment Management, and Investment Banking to accurately settle multi-currency cash transactions and resolve exceptions in a timely manner.
- Investigate and resolve exceptions related to cash settlement and payment execution.
- Liaise with a vast network of agent banks to trace payments, resolve queries, exceptions, or issues
- Identify and delivery process improvement initiatives to increase straight-through processing rates and enhance controls.
- Participate in payment systems testing.
- Actively assist to develop an overall payments strategy as the industry evolves alongside our business needs.
- Participate in internal audits and quality assurance testing
- 1-3 years of professional and relevant payments experience
- Technical knowledge in payments landscape (ACH, Fedwire, SWIFT) and general cash management and reconciliation is expected
- Proficient in MS Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Prior work experience in an evolving industry change is a plus
- Prior work experience in risk management
- BA/BS degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team-oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity