Corporate Treasury - Treasury Controls - Analyst - Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCE | Corporate Treasury
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's funding, liquidity, capital and relationships with creditors and regulators. Corporate Treasury manages the firm's financial resources and minimizes interest expense through liability planning, asset liability management, and liquidity portfolio yield enhancement. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong quantitative analysis skills and risk management capabilities since Treasury actively manages the firm's financial resources which are constantly changing due to business activity, markets, risk appetite, regulations and other factors. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Treasury Services is a sub division of the Corporate Treasury Division. As a global, multi-faceted and cross product sub division, the primary objectives are to mitigate counterpart credit risk through the active monitoring of clients' derivative and securities financing portfolios while optimizing the firm's liquidity. Treasury Services is currently 300+ staff strong globally, with regional presence in Salt Lake City, Dallas, New York, London, Bangalore, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and many other offices working closely together.
The sub division has a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, equity, interest rates, Repo, insurance/pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. We manage a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative and security products, funding projections, cash management, margin risk management, counterpart exposure management and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Understand business needs, elicit, agree and document the requirements for payment schemes and processes surrounding them
- Be solution orientated and work in in an agile environment to build our Payments strategy, including self-clear and 3rd party cash management services
- Help design and establish appropriate payment functions globally to support the EMEA clearing processes including payment risk management, investigation and repair functions, and firm/customer funding flows
- Work with the business to resolve cash settlement exceptions / issues and FX unwinds
- Actively assist to develop an overall payments strategy as the industry evolves alongside our business needs
- Oversight payment controls functions including sanctions control
- Liaise with AML compliance team to resolve payment exception risk
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 1 year of professional and relevant payments experience
- Expertise Technical knowledge of payments scheme requirements i.e. CHAPS, BACS, FPS, Target 2, SEPA, SWIFT and general cash management is expected
- Proficient in payment messaging formats (ISO 20022 and 15022 standards)
- Prior work experience in an evolving industry change is a plus
- BA/BS degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills
- Well developed organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity