Corporate Treasury-Liquidity Execution-Associate-Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What we do:
Corporate Treasury plays a central role in the firm's overall strategy with responsibility for providing appropriate funding to support all firmwide activity while maximizing net interest income. The division allocates financial resources, raises funding and capital to support firm activity, and dynamically manages the firm's asset liability risk and liquidity portfolio. Corporate Treasury actively engages in public markets and with businesses across the firm, investors, ratings agencies and regulators. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals with strong quantitative analysis skills, interest in portfolio management and a risk management mind set. How we're organized:
Corporate Treasury is responsible for financial resource management and asset liability management to facilitate all firm activity at the lowest cost possible. Functional teams within Corporate Treasury focus on resource allocation, funding planning and origination, asset liability management, trading execution, liquidity projections, liquidity policies and platforms, regulatory engagement, and LIBOR transition. The division is run by the Global Treasurer and works closely with the CFO, each of the firm's businesses, Controllers, Operations, and Investor Relations among other groups at the firm Who we look for:
Professionals in Corporate Treasury have an analytical mind set, exhibit intellectual curiosity and are from diverse academic backgrounds. We're looking for candidates who will thrive in a dynamic environment where multitasking and time management skills are essential. Working in the Corporate Treasury division, you will have exposure to all aspects of the firm, including the Global Markets division and banking initiatives, new business activities, and critical strategic programs. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS ABOUT THE ROLE:
GCLA and Cash Management Team is a key department within Corporate Treasury. Working closely with the Treasurer and other members of senior management, the team has responsibility to manage the Firm's liquidity pool, composition and funding needs across various currencies. The team seeks to optimize the firm's pool of liquid assets to maximize firm's net revenues by minimizing interest expense while providing appropriate funding for business activities. The role requires frequent interactions with various teams in Corporate Treasury as well as relevant businesses. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You will be responsible for the Firm's liquidity pool, composition and funding needs across various currencies.
- Optimize the level and composition of the firm's liquidity position relative to its risk profile for portfolio yield optimization.
- Work closely with market facing desks to efficiently fund the firm's assets and manage the firm's cash and currency funding needs.
- Perform critical analysis of the Firm's liquidity projection by analyzing, calculating and projecting the Firm's short, medium- and long-term liquidity needs.
- Develop and implement global and regional liquidity risk management and funding policies.
- Manage key liquidity risk management metrics to manage day-to-day risks.
- Perform critical analytics on various metrics and identify drivers, trends and risks to make recommendations to senior management on positioning and optimization opportunities.
- Analyze new business initiatives and products to assess their funding and capital requirements.
- Interpret and respond to new regulations that have an impact on liquidity, funding and/or capital.
- Create presentations related to liquidity, funding and capital for discussion with the Board of Directors, senior management, counterparties/clients, ratings agencies and regulators.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and form independent judgments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Comfortable building models, managing large amounts of data, and analyzing the output to identify trends or present solutions.
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority.
- Self-starter with good commercial perspective.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Approximately 3 to 4 years of working experience in Treasury or finance-related functions in a major financial institution or corporate.
- Working knowledge of Treasury function including pricing concepts of various financial instruments and assessing impact of their changes to cash flows and firm's liquidity position.
- Ability to present and explain complex financial issues in a succinct manner to senior management.
- Experience with managing large projects for cross-functional teams across multiple countries pertaining to Corporate Treasury.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html