Corporate Finance: Firmwide Financial Accounting & Reporting - EMEA - Vice President
The Firmwide Financial Accounting & Reporting organization (FFAR) is responsible for the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm's books and records, while providing reporting to both internal and external clients. The regional locations covered by FFAR include EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa), North America and Asia.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business to ensure the firm's financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm's financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by Firmwide Financial Accounting and Reporting (FFAR) include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation/certification/substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process. Responsibilities:
- Manage the consolidation of JPMorgan Chase financial data at month-end
- Partner with FFAR teams globally and manage communication across locations
- Oversee preparation of the firm's primary financial statements at quarter-end for use in the earnings release and SEC filings
- Manage data requests into and out of the Financial Reporting group, serving as liaison between data suppliers and data users, including line-of-business and legal entity controllers
- Manage intercompany eliminations, a key component of the financial consolidation process
- Enhance the overall control environment around the financial reporting function
- Mobilize change wherever possible in order to simplify processes and enhance controls
- Drive aspects of production of the monthly financial Flash Report
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and execute in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to partner across all levels of the organization and influence decisions and priorities outside of one's direct span of control
- Ability to understand business drivers, systems and interdependencies to deliver solutions to business problems
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in accounting or related industry
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of firm's products
- Experience with a financial consolidation and reporting system (i.e. SAP interface), knowledge of other JPM Chase financial reporting systems beneficial
- Experience managing a staff of skilled professionals
- Experience in managing process and workflow enhancement
- CPA license beneficial in some FFAR roles but not required
***Note: This role requires compliance with the Firm's Consecutive Leave Policy. The policy requires certain employees in sensitive positions to be out of the office for a specified period each calendar year. Please ask the recruiter or hiring manager for additional details*** About J.P. Morgan:
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we're looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you'll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that's committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.