Corporate Finance - Financial Regulatory Reporting - Associate / Team Lead
J.P. Morgan - Firmwide Regulatory Reporting & Analysis
We are the first global, centralized, scalable and sustainable reporting and analytics team in the Finance organization. We focus on Data Integrity and Report Preparation for the US Federal Government & Securities Exchange Commission. In addition, FRRA drives broader strategic initiatives across external reporting including accountability, quality assurance, process improvement and development of target technology solutions. Regulatory Reporting - Associate / Team Lead
WHAT WE OFFER
If you want to make an impact with your work while being supported by smart and motivated colleagues, come find your next opportunity with us. Thanks to our global reach, we can help you get where you want to go. Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. You'll be a part of an extraordinary inclusive culture that draws on and develops the best talent.
• Preparation / Review of financial schedules, footnotes and regulatory reports in support of U.S. Federal Reserve Board (FRB) and Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) filing requirements on a monthly & quarterly basis (10-K/10-Q, FR Y-9C, Call Report, and others).
• Manage a team of professionals who are responsible for the delivery of the regulatory reports as per the FRB/SEC requirements.
• Talent acquisition, development and motivation of the team including objective setting, performance appraisals and career planning.
• Building thorough understanding of the regulatory instructions and ensuring that the reporting is done in accordance with the instructions.
• Collaborate across geographies with multiple stakeholders to source and deliver information as per the requirements.
• Collectively package, review and deliver final results to Report / Schedule Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and ultimately deliver data to external regulators.
• Partner with Internal Report / Schedule / Business SMEs to produce and capture variance commentary as necessary.
• Identify and track control breaks, data quality issues and reporting errors through the reporting cycle; oversee escalation and end-to-end resolution.
• Ensure data integrity by adhering to internal control policies and procedures. Also, ensure robust control checks for all deliverables.
• Review and apply regulatory guidance via analysis and interpretation of data.
• Perform ad-hoc reports and analysis, as required.
• Support User Acceptance Testing, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Previous people management experience (team of 4-6 FTE)
• College degree in Finance or Accounting; CA/CFA/CPA/MBA a plus
• 4-6 years of relevant experience
• Regulatory reporting background
• Banking product knowledge
• Knowledge of US GAAP advantageous
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Fluent in English
• Strong accounting skills and aptitude to work with numbers
• Logical thinker with strong analytical skills
• Proficient in MS Office applications (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to interact with business partners independently
• Candidate should be flexible with extended hours during quarter-end reporting cycle
• Outstanding relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
• Proactive, strategic thinker
• Tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
• Financial experience including budgeting, forecasting, modeling, interpreting results, and identifying drivers and trends a plus
• High Energy and enthusiasm; pro-active self-starter
• Judgement and integrity
• Capable of leading with conviction; willing to make tough/unpopular decisions
• Able to prioritize and multi-task while partnering with multiple stakeholders in a matrix environment
• Self-motivated, comfortable working independently in a dynamic and challenging environment.