Controllers Division, Compensation Accounting Payroll Officer, Warsaw
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB FINANCE
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Analyse and process multiple UK & global payrolls in line with the local and regional tax , payroll and wage reporting rules within monthly vendor and processing timelines .
Detailed calculation of wages and applicable deductions based on employee contract and internal GS compensation rules .
Input/update of key payroll & compensation into Peoplesoft 9.0/Northgate ResourceLink (UK) for processing. Issues earnings summaries.
Complete detailed variance and control checks and analysis per the Firm's Sarbanes Oxley and other control measures
Payroll Job Duties:
- Maintains payroll processing in Peoplesoft 9.0/Zellis ResourceLink by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Detailed PAYE and compensation calculations per UK HMRC & EMEA PAYE rules
- Ability to co-ordinate and oversee of up to 6 global payrolls
- Handling enquiries on monthly pay, deductions, and tax from employees, external vendors and tax authorities
- Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in compensation and variance records
- Handles confidential and highly sensitive personal information
- Completes compensation controls for managerial review
- Determines organisation's tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance and other social security contributions
- Liaises with financial accounting team responsible for booking the compensation to the Firm's ledger
Payroll Job Skills and Qualifications:
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Excellent UK and or EMEA payroll skills ( 3 years minimum) preferably within Zellis ResourceLink or similar payroll package
- Ability to work with financial data and spreadsheets
- Exceptional Attention to Detail
- High Organisational Skills, must be able to multi-task
- Highly logical mind-set, able to problem solve
- System literate ability to manipulate MS office application and Web/Java based systems (Peoplesoft 9.0)
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Extremely busy role - Ability to handle a heavy workload good verbal communication
- Takes Initiative - capable of working with minimal supervision
- Understanding of regional Tax procedures,
- Familiarity with Benefits and Other Wage Deductions,
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Sound decision-making skills
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.