Consumer Engineering - Performance Test Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
MARCUS: CONSUMER ENGINEERING
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is a consumer fintech division of the company.
We help millions of consumers with multitude of financial products, like lending, deposits, financial tools, and cards.
We use modern architecture principles, collaborative development processes and continuous delivery approach.
Key tenets we apply when designing systems for our customers are value, transparency and simplicity. To achieve these, we rely heavily on decisions driven by data and automated with application of predictive analytics and machine learning.
As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we welcome leaders and contributors to join our team. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- We are building a team to spearhead the setup of a Performance Engineering function in Warsaw.
- The characters we appreciate are those of inspiring leaders and engineers with deep appreciation for their craft.
- We need system thinkers ready to own the product life cycle from inception to running in production.
- Great collaborators and team players will thrive and grow in this environment.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will deliver financial products with direct impact on millions of consumers
- Systems under your watch will be the primary sources of revenue for the organization
- You build it: engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written
- You run it: engineers with assistance from global SRE guild are responsible for operation of systems they built
- You own it: engineers do not wait for orders here. They do research, pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented
- Professional network: you will meet and collaborate with very influential people within the global organization and the entire industry
- Every person is a first class member of the team irrespective of location. Same calibre of work is given to engineers located in US, Europe and Asia
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional performance testing experience
- A proven track record in performance testing and tuning high volume systems
- A good understanding of architectural principles including knowledge of microservices, asynchronous processing and NoSQL databases
- Expertise in a load testing tool such as Apache JMeter, Gatling, LoadRunner or NeoLoad
- An understanding of Continuous Delivery principles and experience with performance testing in an agile environment.
- Experience and knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, DataDog or New Relic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Culture of excellence and collaboration
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as Java, Python or Bash
- Experience in building performance testing frameworks from scratch
- Experience with investigating performance issues in a microservices environment
- Experience with log analysis tools such as Splunk or ELK
- Experience in FinTech
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity