CIB - F&BM - Macro/Spread Product Controller - External Reporting - Associate
This Role offers a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to enhance holistic understanding of business along with related financial, regulatory and treasury aspects. In addition, this role provides a significant scope for intra-firm networking coupled with exposure to senior personnel. Responsibilities:
Specific skills and experience required:
- Understanding key functions & responsibilities of various groups involved within every stage of the reporting and tasks (namely Product controllers, External reporting Team, Legal entity controller, Treasury etc.). A good understanding & ability to navigate through various infrastructure/system used (namely Risk management systems, accounting engines, sub-ledger, ledger, MIS systems etc.).
- Understanding key reports & reporting requirements, ensuring timely delivery & accuracy of same.
- Ensuring data integrity, sanity of the general ledger & other systems used for external & internal reporting / disclosures.
- Preparation, oversight and accountability for the quality of the reporting for internal & external usage.
- Provides analytic & required information for optimizing Balance sheet, Liquidity and RWA.
- Monitoring of the LOBs Balance Sheet from a net funding, GSIB, leverage ratios perspective covering a range of products: derivatives, securities, deposits and structure notes.
- Working with the various group to ensure full understanding of developments in Regulatory framework and priorities, i.e. changes to the Capital framework, the impact of Risk Weighted Assets etc.
- Adherence to stringent controls & standards across all processes. Involves continuous process review, audits, robust documentation of procedures, controls & key metrics.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience required in accounting or finance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent - essential, preferably in math, physics, economy, accounting, finance or related area
- Good accounting and finance knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - MS Excel, MS Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines.
- Flexible towards extended working hours at months end; working towards US calendar.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have a sophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which is complemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve our clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team in Poland and we're looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicated individuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us your expertise and you'll be part of a global community, working with people around the world and with a company that's committed to investing in you and making a success of this key new location for our business.
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer