- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Business Analyst – ALM / Risk / Treasury Liquidity
- Location: Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Business Analyst – ALM / Risk / Treasury LiquidityWho we are?
In the face of evolving regulations, rapid developments in balance sheet management platforms and demand for risk modelling services, Standard Chartered has established in Warsaw a global Treasury Modelling Hub. It provides advanced Assets and Liabilities Management solutions on - either built in-house or delivered by software vendors - risk assessment platforms. Our centre in Warsaw is dynamically evolving into a diverse working environment of business experts, programmers, data analysts and project managers. Local teams of subject matter experts in Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk assessment methodologies, change management specialists and rapid developers (Strats - Haskell programmers) work hand-in-hand to deliver state of the art Treasury risk forecasting and analysis solutions. The Warsaw team works also very closely with our centres in India, Singapore, Hong Kong and London to ensure effective embedment of new model designs and materialization of expected benefits for the whole group.
Those who join the Hub will become members of highly-specialized global network of expert teams, focusing on all strategic Standard Chartered markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East and working on a variety of business initiatives across functions such as: Treasury Risk, Treasury Policy, Financial Markets, Treasury Markets and Liquidity Regulatory Reporting. This global collaboration aims to achieve balance sheet optimization through delivery of: centralized functional design and modelling solutions; robust FTP methodologies; effective analysis of internal stress tests and regulatory (i.e. PRA, HKMA, MAS) banking book risk ratios (i.e. LCR, CFMR, NSFR and IRRBB); and provision of quality analytical inputs to the bank's management team.
The Finance Change function is undertaking a multi-year strategic programme delivering scalable high-performance platform with unified data store, integrated risk engines and analytical Business Intelligence tool optimizing the current business model.
The key elements of the programme are from a liquidity forecasting perspective:
- Internal and regulatory liquidity measures (Survival Horizon, Cash Flow Mismatch Report, LCR, NSFR),
- Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP),
- Interest Rate Risk Service availability & reliability.
ALM IT Business Analyst will assist in delivering this programme by:
- Gathering, analysing and documenting requirements and user stories; questioning, challenging and proposing innovative, automated solutions where necessary;
- Building strong, effective relationships with the different business stakeholders at group and country level in Treasury Markets/Liquidity Reporting/Liquidity risk teams, and the technology stakeholders across Finance Technology department;
- Validating the functionalities to fully meet the requirements based on agreed priority;
- Defining and implementing optimised operating model;
- Being Client Focus: Ensuring the business requirements, and proposed solutions, achieve the customers' goals;
- Being a delivery orientated person, ensuring projects timelines are met, whilst ensuring business priorities are delivered;
- Facilitating design workshops and documenting those subsequently;
- Defining the test cases and coordinating testing execution for assigned scope;
- Keeping project team well informed of the design and execution dependencies within the programme and outside the programme;
- With assistance from project/ programme management team, the business analyst will own the given change from requirements definition through to successful delivery.
- Hands on experience in delivering Treasury changes in Tier 1 Bank or treasury department of large corporations;
- Ability to work proactively, independently when necessary and displays strong initiative;
- Hands on experience in process optimization;
- Experience in working in multicultural teams;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with a good standard of English (written and spoken);
- Excellent team player.
- Exposure to business architecture principles and methods;
- Exposure to Agile delivery framework;
- Business Analysis, Project, Process improvement, Treasury certifications;
- Query: SQL/PLSQL/Hibernate SQL;
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics;
- Successful Candidate will participate in comprehensive 2-week structured training program which will equip the Candidate with required knowledge to successfully execute their assigned scope of work.
Diversity & Inclusion
To introduce employee into the organisation and this new role, Treasury Modelling team has developed a 3-week structured training program aimed to equip new joiner with required knowledge and skills.
Training topics covered in the program include the following: Bank's and Team's organizational structure, liquidity risk and liquidity metrics, best Project Management practices, detailed walkthrough of systems and overall architecture, overview and deep dive on ongoing portfolio of projects, etc.
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and can maximise their personal potential.