Azure Active Directory Engineer - Directory Services
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Directory Services Engineering team within the Identity and Access Management organization organization is looking for an experienced engineer in the Azure Active Directory and Active Directory space. This position will be working with a global team responsible for the architecture, design and development of systems supporting the Microsoft Azure and Active Directory environments for Goldman Sachs.
Microsoft Azure-based services are becoming critical to the operation of medium and large enterprise environments. The ideal candidate will have experience configuring Azure Active Directory, Azure Active Directory Connect and be familiar with the authentication, authorization and Conditional Access options and capabilities of the Azure platform. The ideal candidate would also have background in supporting on-premise Active Directory infrastructure.
Responsibilities will also include coordinating with various technology infrastructure teams for infrastructure projects, managing systems lifecycle and evaluating existing solutions for optimizations or enhancements.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years in management of an Azure Active Directory Infrastructure, with insight into Azure integration with Active Directory in medium to large enterprise environments. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers delivering solutions specializing in a range of technologies with a remit to define and build integrated architectures for secure, scalable infrastructure services serving a diverse set of internal and external use cases
• Contribute to the adoption of the Microsoft Azure platform by researching, advising and implementing capabilities across the breadth of Azure and Office 365 services
• Collaborate with Azure Active Directory and Office 365 engineers across Goldman Sachs and Microsoft to optimize and enhance the security and runtime operations of Azure services
• Engage with Azure Active Directory consumers to collaborate on efficient and secure integration approaches for their application requirements
• Automate tasks in the Azure and Active Directory functional areas to increase efficiency of the team and detect abnormal behavior of the systems SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Experience architecting and implementing business continuity plans, recovery strategies and hardening strategies for Active Directory Domain Services environments
• Implementing controls to ensure appropriate security, performance, scalability and monitoring guidelines are achieved for the Azure Active Directory instances.
• Experience integrating solutions with an Active Directory Domain Services environment, including scenarios such as Exchange, Azure, Office 365 Hosted solutions, Active Directory Certificate Services, Active Directory Federation Services and smartcard authentication scenarios
• Working knowledge of Identity Management, Single Sign On and Federated Identity principles
• Proficiency in designing, developing and testing software in PowerShell; willingness to learn and adopt new languages
• Fundamental understanding of secure application and environment design and management concepts
• Strong understanding of systems development lifecycle best practices
• Must be able to sustain a high rate of workflow and work on multiple projects
• The person will need good verbal and written communication skills. They need to show past experience in utilizing various influencing skills and be able to collaborate, communicate and deliver in a global environment
• Ability to present to internal client audiences or professional peers, and ability to work independently on problem solving and investigation Preferred Qualifications
• Proficiency in designing, developing and testing software in C#
• Technical knowledge of complex Active Directory environments in medium to large enterprises that include multiple forests and trust relationships across the forests in firewalled networks
• Protocol-level expertise with LDAP and Kerberos
• Good development knowledge or product expertise with Identity Management products (e.g., Microsoft Identity Manager)
• Development knowledge or product expertise with Single Sign On/Access Management products (e.g., SiteMinder, OpenAM, Shibboleth) or Federated Identity products (e.g., ADFS, PingFederate) ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.