Senior Software Engineer
- Posen, Wielkopolskie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 21 Apr 19
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - International TA Application Development
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the International TA Application Development group responsible for?
The group supports and evolves Riva Transfer Agent solution (Riva TA). It is a multiple award winning, highly functional global transfer agency software application that is able to support the entire investor record keeping process across multiple administration centers, investment products and currencies all on a single platform.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer?
We require a Senior Oracle Developer to join a highly visible, international team of experienced developers supporting and evolving the system. You must be a proactive, strong team player, with experience of delivering effective solutions for international projects in the financial sector.
You will have an in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge of system development. Your primary role will be to support the existing PL/SQL codebase and planned development of Riva TA using Riva quality standards, best practices, architecture, programming languages and SDLC process. You will often work on assignments independently or in a small group (2-3) with minimal guidance for key responsibilities. Additionally, you may contribute to technical solutions and support work undertaken by Project and Testing teams. This role provides a great opportunity to be a key contributor for a division of the organization with considerable growth potential.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in developing database packages and procedures in Oracle PL/SQL and SQL. Skill levels need to be advanced, having been involved in developing new and complex business applications.
- Experience in financial industry as a minimum and preference to mutual funds.
- Innovative and consultative approach to problem solving.
- Strong database analysis skills and knowledge of change management procedures.
- Strong Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised with an ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, including presentation skills.
- Technical literacy / knowledge in the following are advantageous:
- International messaging standards including SWIFT, NSCC and Canadian FundSERV.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include :
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, Multisport Card, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.