Project Manager - Technical Project Delivery
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team. What is the Technology Project Delivery group responsible for?
Technology Project Delivery (TPD) is looking for a dynamic Project Manager to lead large-scale, high impact projects or programs for Franklin Templeton. As a Project Manager, you will work on strategic projects which generally involves multiple business units or the entire enterprise with moderate to high risk and complexity.
TPD supports the Franklin Templeton enterprise (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Service and Operations, Investment Management, Back Office Operations, Infrastructure Services, etc.) in delivering capabilities to achieve the organization's strategic vision. You will act as a single point of accountability to plan, direct, and coordinate large-scale projects and programs to ensure goals and objectives are achieved with high quality and delivering on expected business value. In line with our strategic direction, a successful candidate will be well versed in Agile techniques and exhibits the agility mindset. What are the ongoing responsibilities of Project Manager - Technical Project Delivery?
- Acts as the single point of accountability to plan, direct, and coordinate large-scale, enterprise wide projects enduring goals and objectives are accomplished successfully meeting customer/business needs.
- As a part of this global team, the Project Manager manages multiple projects/programs of various size and scope, working with stakeholders from technology and various lines of businesses to achieve quality results.
- Project Managers may also coach and mentor other project managers within Technology Project Delivery.
- Manages the implementations of projects/programs for the enterprise from setting up and directing project/program schedules, iterations, and budgets to monitoring the initiative through delivery or completion.
- Sets up project/program expectations, strategy and corresponding change implementation plans, monitoring success against business objectives and recommends adjustments to approach in response to changing business needs.
- Participates in solution delivery continuous improvement activities and communities of practice to address ongoing needs for the project professional community.
- Influences and encourages programs to focus on rapid value delivery leveraging agile, iterative development practices and agility techniques.
- Able to appropriately tailor communications to audiences ranging from team discussions to executives in a culturally relevant style.
#Li-POL Qualifications What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (Required)
- Min 6 - 8 year's related experience (Required)
- Project Management Professional - PMI certification (Preferred)
- Agile certification - Certified Disciplined Agilist or Practitioner (Preferred) / Certified Scrum Manager (CSM)
- Strong consulting skills: active listening skills, ability to extract, quickly process and present key information, summarize key needs or interests of internal customers, and provide targeted and appropriate insights and recommendations.
- Strong networking and partnership skills to work alongside business and technical stakeholders and team members to achieve business success.
- Strong experience with Agile development methodology essential - especially in large scale projects/programs; Disciplined Agile certification a plus.
- Ability to influence and lead senior management to make tough and timely decisions and remove obstacles impacting team performance and project delivery.
- General knowledge and ability to apply business practices in the context of project management and change leadership activities.
- Experience managing high-risk, complex projects/programs, with multi-month timelines.
- Strong knowledge of the key components of project management (e.g. scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and integration) and associated tools and methodologies.
- Ability to lead others to solve complex problems where significant initiative and independent judgement is required.
- Ability to work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Experience working in a large-scale multi-national firm essential; Financial Services industry a plus.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include:
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, Multisport Card, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.