IMS Fund Control Analyst
- Posen, Wielkopolskie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 03 Oct 17 2017-10-03
We’re currently looking for a qualified Fund Control Analyst to join our team. The Fund Control Analyst performs daily reconciliations, accounting, and processing work in accordance with policies and procedures to ensure timely deliverables of NAV critical data. The Analyst is also responsible for performing monthly and periodic reconciliation and reporting requirements within the required deadlines.
Perform all daily functions in order to complete daily reconciliations required for delivery of NAV critical data for assigned funds. Which may involve but is not limited to:
- Complete accounting, postings, calculations, and reporting of information in accordance with department guidelines.
- Analyzing system reports and exception reports for variances and make decisions on appropriate action to resolve discrepancies.
- Communicating with internal or external business partners to resolve reconciliation and system issues.
- Prepare daily reporting to clients (such as Portfolio Managers, Trading) and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Follow all stated internal controls per the daily work checklists and document adherence to internal controls by signing off on checklists.
- Identify and Inform Supervisor of any issues within the assigned funds. Follow through to ensure that issue is resolved with appropriate parties.
- Complete administrative functions in accordance with department guidelines, i.e. maintenance of appropriate document retention and filing system.
- Perform monthly reconciliation and reporting activities and provide to the Financial Reporting Group by stated deadlines. Generate system reports as required by the Financial Reporting Group.
- Analyze monthly reconciliation exceptions and make decisions on appropriate action to resolve.
- Prepare reports for auditors during reporting periods in accordance with Financial Reporting and Audit requirements. Prepare reports and supporting documentation for internal auditors as requested.
- Work on department initiatives or projects as assigned such as participation on an enhancement recommendation, process changes or user acceptance testing.
- Recommend ways to minimize the reoccurrence of exception items for example system enhancements, process changes or policy changes.
Knowledge, education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of accounting experience in automated environment.·Other education/training (could be part of degree program) advantageous in:
- Financial Accounting,
- Teamwork, communication,
- Personal computer applications (Microsoft Office).
Additional desirable qualifications:
- Knowledge of banking operations, mutual funds or the securities industry.
Skills and abilities:
- Good analytical and organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Problem solving and decision making:
- Ability to analyze reconciliation exceptions and determine and/or recommend resolutions.
- Work under general supervision; refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Generally none however travel may be required for business continuity events.
Franklin Templeton Investments remains a leading global investment management organization for more than 65 years thanks to our greatest assets - our employees. With over 9,000 employees working in 35 countries around the world to service over 240 financial products, we offer an exceptional range of diverse career options. Our corporate values reflect the best of our employees. We believe in putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. We strive to bring a balance of work and life to our employees.