Business Analyst - Treasury Accounting
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team. What is the Treasury Accounting team responsible for?
This is a multi-systems & project related business team/position.
In addition to the responsibilities & skillsets noted below, the team manages multiple application & project streams that include: requirements, development, testing & implementations for FT level projects, FTT teams, FTS systems & business teams.
The Business Analyst in conjunction with business/technical partners and a project team assists in business process analysis and executes the gathering, elicitation and documentation of business requirements for small projects and production support. This may also include the documentation of a business case, existing business process flows and testing scenarios. The documentation of these requirements is used by business and technology to understand the business problem.
Once approved by the business, the Business Analyst works closely with fell team members in documentation, development, testing, signoffs & production control promotion of all approved system changes. The Business Analyst will also coordinate with relevant technical staff and their application development team and with Testing Services by ensuring the business requirements are understood. A Business Analyst works alone or with a small assigned team. They may also participate in integration testing and user acceptance testing to ensure the agreed upon solution matches the business requirements. They work under close supervision with their Manager, the project manager running the project or production support team. What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Business Analyst?
- Collects and documents accurate project requirements.
- Consults with users in examining business processes.
- Works to identify and clarify requirements using basic conceptual and logical process/data modeling tools and techniques.
- Assists in requirements gathering using a variety of basic techniques.
- Assists in writing project documents (e.g., charter, business cases, requirements, test case and cost benefits).
- Develops requirements plans and schedules.
- Creates and executes application test cases and validates against expected results.
- Maintains the development and implementation of change plans.
- Analyzes stakeholder needs, identifies gaps, and defines capabilities for an acceptable solution to the business problem.
- Participates in workflow analysis and business process analysis to identify and clarify requirements.
- Participate in current-future state identification and contributes to the Business Case Development.
- Works with subject matter experts in gathering information needed to develop business cases.
- Identifies measurable business value.
- Assists project manager in gathering metrics for project goals and completing cost benefit analysis.
- Assists in developing business benefits realization measures for business cases.
- Conducts business process and workflow analysis.
- Coordinates implementation of changes to existing workflows or applications.
- Documents workflows and participates in walkthroughs.
- Reviews and/or prepares test plans, test cases and scripts for a small-medium sized projects.
- P erforms user acceptance testing and helps with triage and clarification of issues uncovered in user acceptance testing for the application development teams.
- Provides business support and service by researching user's issues.
- Works with the various technology teams to address business and technical issues.
- Participates in user group or technical meetings to identify and address on-going needs.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative duties as necessary
#MID_SENIOR_LEVEL Qualifications What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
- Proficient in project management skills and disciplines.
- Background in financial accounting systems preferred.
- Background in Frontier reconciliation environments preferred.
- Highly proficient in verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in English
- Capable of successfully interacting with business leaders, project managers, technology specialists, and analysts throughout Franklin Templeton.
- Capable of consistently and effectively representing FTS & TACC Systems both in tandem with other team members and solo.
- Eager and self-motivated team member capable of functioning in both support and lead roles.
- Strong customer service business ethic accompanied by engaging interpersonal skills among multiple international teams.
- Results oriented team member committed to successfully completing assigned tasks & projects within a fast paced working environment.
- Capable of functioning in the following areas of our business: project management, development & production support.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - with focus on functional and developer skills with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access VBA skills preferred.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, Multisport Card, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.