Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Service Delivery Manager (Americas Region), AVP
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Service Delivery Manager (Americas Region), AVPFrom technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Make Your Mark with IT @ State Street
Primary point of contact for GTO VDI service delivery globally, providing professional and technical leadership in support of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop VDI service delivery to all State Street business divisions. Including the Performance Governance of State Street's Managed Service providers and vendors during the Boston time zone.
The candidate must have previous management experience working in a performance culture as well as very strong oral and written communication skills. Must be comfortable working with executive-level staff throughout the full life-cycle of projects. Have prior experience managing/leading large, complex enterprise VDI projects and associated staff. Demonstrate the ability to assess business requirements and define technological solutions that will meet current requirements and scale in support of future growth. Must be a team player and equally comfortable in both mentoring and peer-oriented roles. The candidate should have a "passion" about technology solutions that drive consistent high-quality delivery and business interaction.
- Build and maintain strong operational relationships with our VDI vendors and 3rd Party suppliers through key governance forums.
- Subject matter expertise across all areas of VDI Service Delivery, including service management, incident, problem and change management, continual service improvement and client satisfaction, as well as playing a key role in ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery
- Ongoing analysis and monitoring of VDI availability levels required within documented SLAs
- Identification of areas within the virtual desktop infrastructure where action is needed in order to ensure sufficiently high availability.
- Based on availability analysis or forecasted requirements, suggest measures aimed at increasing availability.
- Identification of upgrades or changes to ensure continued resilience & availability.
- Regular reporting on availability & capacity status and actions in progress to correct any potential deficiencies.
- Estimate the future demand for VDI capacity based on performance, capacity & utilization measurements plus potential demand from client relationship teams.
- Maintain a proactive approach to operational and service issues, with a focus on prevention rather than fix to ensure SLA's and service excellence are managed and maintained.
- Controls and risk monitor the 3rd party for adherence to the company's Audit controls.
- Provide substantial leadership for strategic initiatives
- Maintain a working understanding of industry trends to effectively align technical solutions with business challengesMaintain a structured service delivery and operations methodology that insures global consistency throughout the VDI environment
- Estimate and manage service delivery and operations team work load and capacity
- Develop a continuous improvement strategy for technology solutions and employees
- Address problems and issues that have major impact on business units
- Work cross-functionally to accomplish overall objectives.
- 5+ years of experience in VDI delivery/management.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Citrix Certifications
- Experience working in complex global VDI environments consisting of multiple sites distributed globally
- Support and understand all components of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop environment including Hypervisor, Delivery Controllers, Storefront Servers, Provisioning Servers, Mcafee MOVE Scan Servers and Database
- Financial services experience is a plus.
- Understanding of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and application level parameters necessary to facilitate the design and deployment of resilient technology solutions.
- Demonstrative experience of performing an ITIL aligned Service Delivery Management role within an IT/Citrix operations area (preferably within financial organisation).
- Strong functional knowledge of enterprise VDI technologies and services.
- Manage large scale VDI deployments
- Strong team ethics and team player.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) both internally and with vendors/clients.
- Focus and desire to deliver high quality service.
- Clear understanding of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop architecture and service delivery.
- Ability to work in a high pressured and time sensitive environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway