Transfer Agency Senior Manager, AVP (Italian Speaker)
Who we are looking for
The major focus of this role is to manage Transfer Agency process in line with the departmental strategy and team resources in the Poland location. You will be expected to have an understanding of service requirements, processes and procedures for fund administration. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Transfer Agency Senior Manager you will
What we value
- Be responsible for the achievement of specific department performance targets and objectives.
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions.
- Contribute to the development of the organization in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies.
- Create and drive a culture of strict adherence of all Corporate and Departmental procedures.
- Provide leadership and support to the department managers necessary for ensuring their teams are organized & working as efficiently & controlled as possible.
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines.
- Actively support the overall organization and Transfer Agency Training Plan.
- Assist more senior colleagues and deputise in their absence.
- Utilize management information to assist in managing both clients and resources.
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department.
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization.
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department.
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately.
- Lead and contribute to operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required.
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Provide support during the implementation of change.
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects and lead local team initiatives.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to proactively work under own initiative.
- Attention to detail and concern for quality.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
- 6-8 years of experience with at least 4 years specific relevant experience managing a large team in a senior managerial capacity within the fund industry, alternative industry an advantage.
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems, including Microsoft Office applications, is required.
- Fluent English and Italian.
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers