Trade Management Middle Office Oversight Coordinator, Officer
Your new team
The Middle Office team is responsible for o verseeing all aspects of the trade confirmation, settlement, reconciliation investigation, IBOR integrity and ALERT maintenance processes for our EMEA aligned business. Products range includes Equities, Fixed Income, REPO, Clean Cash, NPV's, Novations, Spot & Forward FX transactions, and Unitised Funds.
Who we are looking for
A person able to display the capability to be highly detail-oriented and motivated, be able to adopt an analytical approach to data output and display a high standard of accuracy and professionalism at all times. Previous trade processing experience is needed to be successful in the role Your new role
As a Trade Management Middle Office Oversight Coordinator
you will be expected to support the day to day running of the team, with responsibility for the provision of a premier service standard to the State Street's Investment Management Services client base. Job responsibilities
What we value Experience and knowledge
- Ensure that our trade confirmation teams are managing the process sufficiently throughout the working day and clearing all exceptions from the relevant system queues prior to EOD and in conjunction with custodian, market and client deadlines. Sensitivity to be applied to high risk markets and currencies.
- Monitor reporting from our offshore teams located predominantly in Poland and India in relation to unmatched/failed trades. Demonstrate an awareness of market / settlement risk for any exceptions listed.
- Provide guidance to the team and escalate as appropriate to internal management and broker / custodian relationship managers / clients.
- Work closely with our Trade Investigation team on stock and cash reconciliation breaks that pertain to trade related activity. Observe client SLA levels for break clearance assist JV partners navigate the various areas of State Street to achieve closure.
- Ensure close monitoring of teams responsible for manual input of transaction into IMS IBOR offering, RKS. Encourage timely and accurate input to minimise errors on client book of records.
- Assist the centralised ALERT maintenance team with system knowledge and accesses to ensure client SSI records are loaded in a timely and accurate manner. Observe upcoming market event that may result in peaks of SSI change activity.
- Assist team leads & management to create a high standard of Governance & Control with regards to offshored processes. This includes, but is not limited to, review of daily email inboxes, monitoring of system queues and team reporting, logging and recording of errors in relevant IMS platforms, weekly touch point discussions with offshore partners and involvement of the monthly governance process.
- Work collaboratively to build trusted working relationships via close liaison with internal cross functional global teams including Database Management, Corporate Actions, Reconciliation and IT, as well as London based Business Control team and client facing Business Management team. Also critical to build effective direct working relationships with client Middle and Front Office teams.
- Observe SSC wide and IMS led Business Control procedures and policies regarding manual instruction authentication, storage of SSI / BDI, usage of key controls performed by macros.
Skills and qualifications
- 5-8 years of direct experience in processing domestic and international Equity, Fixed Income, Cash Deposit, Clean Cash, NPVs, Novations, Spot and and Forward FX transactions within a similar Investment Management organisation, Broker-Dealer or Global Custodian, . Previous Oversight experience is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of trade confirmation / settlement / STP is desired
- Experience in using Omgeo CTM, GTSS (for Foreign Exchange) as well as local middleware matching products is beneficial
- First class written and verbal English communication skills
- Client-focused work approach; ability to maintain both internal and external stakeholder relationships
- High level of personal motivation
- Detail and risk-oriented work approach
- Ability to work within an deadline driven team environment
- MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint intermediate skills
What we offer
About State Street: What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport Plus card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings and technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.