Senior Fund Accountant AIS NAV, Associate
Who we are looking for:
A candidate who is required to solve problems and provide assistance and guidance to the Fund Accountants. Achieving quality of service is a team effort and the Senior Fund Accountant needs to function at all times as a team player and ensure that other members of the team do so.We are looking for suitable candidates in Krakow and Gdansk. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Fund Accountant you will:
What we value:
- Prepare daily cash, position and market value reconciliations including trade capture and pricing;
- Assist in the Dealing Date accounting process;
- Assist in reviewing and resolving reconciliations of portfolio cash and security accounts;
- Work on corporate actions, equities, fixed income, futures, options and swaps and complex financial instruments;
- Assist in semi-annual and annual audit process;
- Handle more complex tasks;
- Provide advice and serve as a point of reference for queries from junior fund accountants;
- Identify any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Highly numerate & IT literate;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (completed with a good final score).
- At least one year of experience in fund accounting, hedge funds;
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or partially qualified will be an advantage;
- Fluent English language skills.
About State Street What we do.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other benefits. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. In addition, our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers