SPDR Research Analyst with State Street Global Advisors, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The role of a SPDR Research Analyst is to provide data and analytical support to the Global SPDR Business with a specific focus: Competitive Analysis Returns Based Data & Analytics Portfolio Analysis Ad Hoc Team Support.
This role provides support, and is part of, the SPDR Americas Research team.
As an analyst, you will engage with all channels of the SPDR sales organization to provide thorough research and market/competitive analysis. You will also collaborate with marketing, product, and the investment strategy teams to achieve the firm's desired results. The candidate will be able to analyze products within the context of the competitive landscape and evaluate positioning for our clients. You should have a desire to utilize technology and create solutions to increase efficiencies in the workflow.
The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and communication skills. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for Competitive Analysis:
Returning Based Data and Analytics
- Production of Morningstar Side by Side comparisons
- Providing thoughtful reasoning and build an investment case for a client to use a SPDR ETF versus exposures.
- Production of Universe comparison in Morningstar vs competition both ETF and active funds
- Production of Zephyr Based Returns reports
- Providing data sets to clients such as holdings, returns streams, fundamental characteristics, and other ad hoc requests
Ad Hoc Team Support
- Production of the SPDR signature Portfolio Insights and Analysis, an in-depth look into our client's portfolio construction featuring valuable insights to areas of weakness and potential risk
What we value
- Providing support to the SPDR Americas Research team with their analysis, white papers, commentary, and other data oriented requests.
- Building automated data-feeds for monthly and quarterly updates of: index comparisons documents, standard presentations.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
- Desire to develop understanding global ETF landscape and the SPDR ETF business
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint. Computer literacy is essential although some IT skills can be acquired during training. Excel is particularly important as roles often involve financial modelling and projection work.
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Team player
Other beneficial skills (but not necessary):
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Experience requirement: 2-5 years working in a financial institution or a finance-specific industry
- Very good English
About State Street What we do.
- Working knowledge of using tools such as Bloomberg, Morningstar, and Zephyr preferred.
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable,
- Commitment to further study and qualifications (preferably CFA or studying for CFA designation)
- Microsoft Excel VBA and Programming skills
- Awareness or risks associated with investing
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic issues
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers