SPDR Business Strategy Analyst with State Street Global Advisor, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
Are you passionate about business strategy?
Do you seek opportunities to use data and analytics to make business decisions?
Do you want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment?
Are you forward thinking, curious and naturally dissatisfied with an outdated status quo? Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $3 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutions.
The vision of the Strategy & Planning team is to enable senior management to develop, articulate, and deliver on our strategy for SPDR ETFs. Our primary clients are the executive leadership team, who ultimately have decision rights in the "what" and "how" of their teams' approach. Success for us comes from working alongside them in a deep partnership. We work with them to clearly lay out our strategic vision and associated goals, to prioritize actions to achieve those goals and then enable those actions through targeted strategy projects related to implementation. What you will be responsible for
This role is part of the Strategy and Planning Team, a team dedicated to driving the strategy for Global SPDR, the third largest ETF provider in the world. As a team we have a need for analytical support and report generation, which are used to enable senior management to make data-based decisions. To that end, for this role we are looking for a motivated individual with the ability to perform analytics from multiple data sets (in Excel), and to build supporting visuals to draw out key findings (in PowerPoint). Responsibilities
The role of a SPDR Business Strategy Analyst is to provide data and analytical support with a specific focus on:
- Produce monthly and quarterly reporting analyzing results across regions, asset categories, sales channels, clients and competitors
- Generate results in Excel and visualize them in PowerPoint (sometimes also Tableau)
What we value
- Distribution Partnership Center of Excellence Support
- Support the maintenance of a database that can be leveraged to measure the success of strategic partnerships across the global ETF distribution landscape; work will include combining disparate sources of information in a manner that can be leveraged to provide actionable insights
- Maintain monthly and quarterly dashboards highlighting results with top partner firms
- Aid in the development of business cases regarding new partnership opportunities
- General Analysis
- Provide detailed analysis as may be required to
- support key business initiatives
- inform decision making
- answer questions that arise from recurring reporting, industry developments or SPDR business activities
- Ad Hoc Team Support
- Support one-off requests, typically involving analyzing data
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Collaborative by nature with the ability to help others achieve more, working with local and global teams, including the flexibility to work within global deadlines.
- Take ownership, initiative and successfully navigate within a fast-paced and international environment of a leading global financial institution.
- Experience requirement: 2-5 years. Experience in Finance or Management-Consulting industries preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- The candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze data from multiple sources
- Ability to visualize data (knowing how to present data visually in charts and graphs to tell a story)
- Desire to develop understanding global ETF landscape and the SPDR ETF business
- Previous experience with ETFs is desirable, but not necessary
About State Street What we do.
- Effective in a team, providing support as required
- Ability to use initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Ability to prioritize workload and work to tight deadlines
- High degree of accuracy when working
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Tableau
- Excellent attention to detail
- Very good English
We employ a diverse group of people within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers