Risk Analyst - Counterparty Risk with State Street Global Advisors, Senior Associate
We're looking for a team member with basic understanding of financial statements analysis, specifically financial institutions most relevant. Knowledge of credit risk management practices is a distinct advantage. Our Team
We are a diverse team of over 70 risk professionals based in Boston, Stamford, London, Dublin, Krakow, Bangalore and Sydney. As a combined group, we are responsible for identification, control, and reporting of operational, investment, liquidity, credit, and model risk globally.
All over the world, institutional investors rely on State Street Global Advisors to help them deliver on diverse investment objectives, handle risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and hardworking, engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential inspires our mission. It's also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Want to take advantage of this exciting career opportunity and combine it with tools to help you balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you? Please apply and join us. State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Job Duties/Responsibilities
Minimum Job Specifications
- Conduct independent credit assessment of global banks and their subsidiaries as well as regional broker dealers. Candidate should possess some knowledge of financial statements such as balance sheet and income statement. Experience analyzing financial statements of financial institutions is a plus.
- Proactively monitor creditworthiness of counterparties and market developments to determine ability of financial institution to meet their obligations.
- Monitor counterparties against internal policies.
- Stay abreast of the global regulatory landscape.
- Take ownership and oversight for an assigned portfolio.
- Participate in special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field; MBA a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Communicates opinions clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently, and prioritize.
- Computer proficient especially with advanced Excel features.
- Familiarity with capital markets and trading activities a plus.
- Proficient in English language.