Procurement, IT and IP Senior Legal Manager
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Procurement, IT and IP Senior Legal ManagerPosition Summary:
Provides legal advice and legal services for licensing, outsourcing, consulting, procurement and similar engagements with technology, service and other providers; advises on technology, data security and privacy matters; and, as needed, participates in meetings and working groups to assist and provide guidance with respect to information technology projects, corporate and business unit projects, various initiatives and M&A related activities across State Street's global operations.
Responsibility for a wide variety of matters, including:
- Counseling on the legal issues and related processes associated with licensing, hosting, outsourcing, consulting, procurement and similar arrangements, including negotiation of contracts, providing guidance on disputes and related documentation, participation in risk analyses, advising on process issues ( e.g., confidentiality agreements and RFPs); and integration of policy and practice objectives of other corporate divisions ( e.g., corporate information security and privacy)
- Advising Intellectual Property Department and business units regarding third party engagements throughout the procurement process and duration of the relationship, including working in partnership with State Street's procurement and vendor management teams
- Advising and supporting due diligence on technology and sourcing matters for acquisitions, joint ventures and other initiatives
- Monitoring outsourced legal process resources, primarily in support of contractual procurement matters
- Monitoring and identifying regulatory risks and issues and providing solutions to minimize corporate exposure
- Special projects as requested.
The successful candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in contractual negotiations over a wide variety of third party engagements, including, licensing, technology services, consulting services, financial services, market data, general business services, temporary employment and contractor services and/or other similar contractual relationships
- Skilled in technology, outsourcing, licensing and a range of service relationships
- Fundamental understanding of financial services, open source, information technology, regulatory obligations, intellectual property, privacy and information security
- Maturing communication, client service, drafting and writing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, communicating with various levels of internal clients in a large entity.
- Juris Doctorate and bar admission
- Experience and ability to excel, individually and collaboratively, in a multi-disciplinary environment, communicating with various levels in a large firm
- Minimum 5-8 years of related work experience
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway