Procurement, IT and IP Legal Manager
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Procurement, IT and IP Legal ManagerPosition Summary:
Provides legal advice and legal services for licensing, outsourcing, consulting, procurement and similar engagements with technology, service and other providers; advises on technology, data security and privacy matters; and, as needed, participates in meetings and working groups to assist with respect to information technology projects, corporate and business unit projects, various initiatives across State Street's global operations.
Responsibility for a wide variety of matters, including:
- Advising on the legal issues and related processes associated with licensing, hosting, outsourcing, consulting, procurement and similar arrangements, including negotiation of contracts, participation in risk analyses, advising on process issues ( e.g., confidentiality agreements and RFPs); and integration of policy and practice objectives of other corporate divisions ( e.g., corporate information security and privacy)
- Advising business units regarding third party engagements throughout the procurement process and duration of the relationship, including working in partnership with State Street's procurement and vendor management teams
- Advising and supporting due diligence on technology and sourcing matters for acquisitions, joint ventures and other initiatives
- Monitoring outsourced legal process resources, primarily in support of contractual procurement matters
- Monitoring and identifying regulatory risks and issues and providing suggestions for solutions to minimize corporate exposure
- Special projects as requested.
The successful candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
- Experience in contractual negotiations of third party engagements, including, licensing, technology services, consulting services, financial services, market data, general business services, temporary employment and contractor services and/or other similar contractual relationships
- Skilled in technology, outsourcing, licensing and a range of service relationships
- Fundamental understanding of financial services, open source, information technology, regulatory obligations, intellectual property, privacy and information security
- Maturing communication, client service, drafting and writing skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment, communicating with various levels of internal clients in a large entity.
- Juris Doctorate and bar admission
- Minimum 3-5 years of related work experience
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway