Operational Excellence Analyst, Senior Associate
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Operational Excellence Analyst, Senior AssociateFrom technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Make Your Mark with IT @ State Street
The Centre of Excellence team sit within EMEA Technology CAO providing the Global IT organisation and its relevant internal client base with a lean / process improvement consultancy and SharePoint design services.
The Operational Excellence Analyst will be responsible for performing process reviews and developing 'future state processes' according to legislation and will manage the implementation of the future state, engaging with all stakeholders. They will participate in the IT AIM (All Ideas Matter) forum working with IT staff globally to reduce waste in process and improve the capability of the IT organisation.
- Drive the process improvement forum within State Street EMEA IT
- Review current processes identified through improvement forums and staff interviews in order to reduce waste and improve capability
- Design and operationalize with business units target state processes
- Provide SharePoint and Service Now - Service Catalog design and development skills to enhance automation across Global IT
- Support the Operational Excellence Manager to create a continuous improvement consultancy that can be utilized by the State Street business partners post IT transformation
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of implementing process change within a finance function of a Financial Services or Transactional Services organisation(s)
- Proven demonstrable ability to apply Lean and/or Six Sigma methodology to drive efficient processes
- Graduate calibre or relevant experience, demonstrating a high level of business acumen and possess a progressive career history, coupled with excellent communication and engagement skills, developed through driving and leading programmes of cultural, long-term
- sustainable change and knowledge transfer.
- Previous consultancy engagement experience would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Experience of working with peers remotely
- Lean / Process Improvement experience
- Understanding of Lean deployment / DMAIC understanding and experience required
- Six Sigma knowledge desired, but not essential
- Financial services sector experience is essential
- SharePoint development experience desired
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway