I am partnered with a world-leading banking and financial services institution that is seeking an analytical individual to join their growing global centre of excellence in Poland.
Possessing familiarity with sophisticated tools for numerical analysis and an ability to work under pressure, you join the team as a Market Risk Quant Analyst and be part of an institution that aims to nurture the next generation of Quant and Risk professional.
This role is a unique opportunity to join an international team of quantitative analysts, working with live market data at one of the world's leading banks.
* Assess and validate performance of risk models using real world data
* Understand features, assumptions and limitations of the models, propose a validation approach, identify target market data and undertake validation
* Identify areas for improvements, automation and enhanced controls
* Document enhancements in accordance with the onshore standards
* Participate in ad hoc projects
* Articulate our modeling approach to internal and external stakeholders in a non-technical language
* Assist in the on-going application of the models in a business-as-usual risk management framework.
* 1-2 years' experience in roles involving quantitative finance
* Ph.D./M.Sc. candidate/holder in Physics/Mathematics/Quantitative Finance or related disciplines
* Strong analytical skills; any experience in market risk analysis is a plus
* Good understanding of statistics, linear algebra, analysis
* Excel and VBA skills are a pre-requisite
* Familiarity with sophisticated tools for numerical analysis (e.g. Mathematica, Matlab, Python)
* Basics of market risk measures (VaR, ES, PnL) and derivatives (Forwards/Futures, Options, Swaps)
* Professional qualifications such as FRM/PRM/CFA Levels are a plus
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines is essential
* Competent in the production of information, and the ability to process and analyse large data
* Open personality and effective written and oral communication skills in English
* Stable job in professional team
* Exceptional employee benefits
* Interesting path of career in an international organization
* Ability to work in a diverse international team
* Consistent scope of responsibilities
* Private health care
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: