Market Risk Analyst, Associate
Who we are looking for
State Street Risk Analytics combines unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our Clients to generate the most value.
Risk Analytics' truView platform is a web-based application providing a full suite of analytics that give clients insight into the risks and performance of their investment portfolios. Supporting all asset classes the platform produces analytics such as: stress testing, value at risk (VaR), position specific analytics for derivatives (delta, gamma, vega etc.) and fixed income characteristics such as duration and convexity. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Market Risk Analyst you will:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Day to day client servicing through risk reporting across several locations in US, EMEA and APAC
- Performing daily reconciliations on a range of data and risk analytics, including Value-at-Risk, sensitivity measures and stress testing results
- Support on-going enhancements to scope of services for existing clients as needed
- Working co-operatively with other risk groups in different locations and time zones
- Providing adequate documentation and backup of all operational processes
- Address ad-hoc client queries
- Other duties as assigned
- Participating in local training sessions for skills development
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics/Finance/Economics or equivalent
- Typically 2+ years of experience in financial servicing preferred
- Understanding of financial products, models and methodologies
- Knowledge of risk analytics like value at risk (VaR), option pricing, profit and loss, statistical & distributional analytics
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent PC skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of SQL, familiarity with Bloomberg terminal an advantage
- Attention to detail
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers