Junior Accountant, A1
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Junior Accountant, A1Job Description Job Description
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Purpose of Role:
- Preparation of reconciliations integral to the daily accounting and Dealing Date accounting process.
- Preparation of daily cash, position and market value reconciliations including trade capture and pricing
- Assist in the Dealing Date accounting process
- Assist in reviewing and resolving reconciliations of portfolio cash and security accounts
- Opportunity to work on corporate actions, equities, fixed income, futures, options and swaps and complex financial instruments
- Assist in semi-annual and annual audit process
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Specific Qualifications/ Skills:
- IT Literate
- Highly numerate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very good English
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
• Employee savings plan
• Premium life insurance package
• VIP medical package
• International operating environment
• Language classes
• Soft skills trainings
• Technical workshops
• Development sessions with a mentor
• Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
• Technical or leadership career pathway