Investment Compliance Analyst in Implementation , Associate
Who we are looking for:
Are you strong in solving nonstandard cases? Do you have a unique eye to catch the details? We are looking for someone like that for our team.
The purpose of Investment Compliance Analyst Implementation role is to implement compliance restrictions on mutual funds related to Regulatory and Investment Manager (IM) mandates utilizing compliance platform. This will include coding and updating automated tests in the system. On a daily basis, Investment Compliance Analyst will use his analytical skills and understanding of financial instruments to solve various cases related to investment decisions made by managers of the Funds. Why this role is important to us:
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. We are a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We are committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Code and update automated tests within compliance platform, which is utilizing a SQL/MQL.
- Develop macros for daily business with VBA usage.
- Import new funds into the system.
- Associate particular funds to their corresponding rules according to the documentation.
- Control data management in internal system based on SQL queries.
- Check compliance of prospectus and investment guidelines.
- Resolve arisen issues, like lack of data or misinterpretation restrictions.
- Work directly with other teams within the company in order to determine best approach or to obtain clarification.
- Ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner and follow-up with internal groups where necessary.
- Assist manager with designated compliance projects and assignments and act as coordinator where required.
- Ensure detailed documentation is maintained for audit purposes.
- Participate in both short and long term projects, like setting up new clients in system.
- Support technical product development with appropriate software tools (e.g. VBA, SQL).
- Taking responsibility for personal development and training
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and database applications.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of VBA and SQL would be an advantage.
- Basic understanding of investment compliance would be an asset but not essential.
- Familiarity with any programming or database query language would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, keep attention to detail and understand client requirements.
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Precise and thorough working style,
- Self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Ability to search for information and draw conclusions
- Financial educational background
- Banking knowledge
- 2-3 years of experience with Finance or investment banking
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we have been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You will have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. Our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers