Fund Accounting Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Fund Accounting Manager who has experience in both, fund administration and people management. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Manager you will
What we value
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with the client areas in Europe.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Lead and motivate the team.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the Senior Associate(s) within your charge.
- Attend service calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects. Act as primary liaison for Fund Accounting Poland's activities.
- Monitor team expertise on all aspects of client operations through the use of a team knowledge matrix.
- Identify issues and problems with client delivery and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping Senior Fund Accounting Manager and CRM informed of issue. Record issues in an offline issues log and track progress (action plan).
- Run monthly meeting with team (regular weekly meetings to be conducted by Senior Associate) which specifically focuses on client initiatives, team training etc. ensuring any action points are followed up.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients third parties and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalized reporting (MIS, CRM & Senior Ops KPIs) and ad hoc liaison.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Organizational insight & influence
- Collaboration & team work
- Ability to develop talents
- Proactive approach
- 4+ years working experience in the provision of fund administration services or another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- At least Bachelor's degree educations, finance related studies are preferred.
- Solid knowledge about the industry.
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Home office possibilities
- Employee savings plan
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Technical or leadership career pathway
- International operating environment
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers