Financial Reporting Transformation and Technology Senior Manager, AVP
Purpose Of Role:
- Under supervision of Head of Financial Reporting, the Financial Reporting Transformation and Technology Senior Manager will lead the team of SMEs in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business as part of the transformation initiatives
- Manage the technical team providing implementation and BAU support to end users (ARC, MSR, etc)
- Manage the deliverables performance of various initiatives under the scope of the Technical Support and Transformation team against the local and global targets.
- Provide technical support to Head of Financial Reporting, or to business teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- Become owner of Poland Transformation within Financial Reporting and align with other locally driven transformation programs (i.e. Fund Accounting)
- Actively participate in global Financial Reporting transformation initiatives and own dedicated global and cross hub initiatives
- Deeply cooperate with SME form global locations in order to achieve assigned goals
- Be fully accountable for the review of current operational activities with a view to identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participate as senior technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings.
- Act as primary central contact point for other key stakeholders with regard to providing technical data from an operational perspective.
- Drive analysis and planning of Financial Reporting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Manage team resource allocation while ensure optimum value added from SMEs in relation to multiple initiatives being supported
- Establish and maintain best practices around data collection for Key Performance Indicators of operational effectiveness
- Analysis available data regarding end-to-end operational activity to identify pain points and opportunities for operational improvement
- Gather data and live examples from operational teams to support identified opportunities
- Work across country-specific business units to understand regional differences and support creation of standardized and harmonized approaches
- Liaises with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIPS
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provides timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keeps Team Supervisor informed as to the daily work progress and status of requests.
- Keeps Fund Accounting Managers updated with regard to project progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues. Demonstrate collaboration with other teams and departments.
- Demonstrates flexibility by supporting different client groups as well as contributing to a range of projects.
- Previous successful track of transformation/change implementation of larger operations is required; at least 6-8 years
- Experience in Financial Reporting or Financial Controlling preferred
- Solid understanding of fund administration and financial reporting or willingness to learn
- Excellent client/stakeholder relationship skills
- Experience in managing teams
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to lead project teams from various environments e.g. IT, fund administration, business analysis and financial reporting
- Self-motivated and able to work within a virtual team
- Ability to drive a change and deeply engage stakeholders into the change
- Experience of the project lifecycle and structure
- Critical thinking skills and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Engineering, Accountancy or Business related degree preferred
- Fluency in oral and written English
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.