Financial Reporting Subject Matter Expert, Senior Associate
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Financial Reporting Subject Matter Expert, Senior AssociateEnvironment
Financial Reporting department is responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, half year end and year-end financial statements for investment funds.
Position Summary At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of accounting standards and regulations (IFRS, Lux GAAP, UK SORP). You will be responsible for assigned Clients and will be expected to review sets of Financial Reporting Reports and reconciliations. You will work closely with Teams Leaders and their teams to deliver work according to deadlines. You will be expected to work closely with your manager and financial reporting teams in Poland to plan and deliver projects assigned and implement changes and improvements. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) you won't have direct reports.
Scope of Responsibilities - principal tasks
- Direct management of the assigned clients in line with expected KPI (100%) and internal and external client satisfaction.
- Provide high quality review of sets of reconciliations and reporting packs to be used in financial statements (including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Schedule of Investments, Notes to Financial Statements) for annual and interim reporting cycles
- Assist Financial Reporting Supervisor and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards and ensure that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to
- Be up to date with all regulatory changes. Analyze and adapt to new accounting and financial reporting standards in cooperation with other SMEs and Business Partners in Home Locations (IFRS, UK SORP, LUX GAAP, FRS 102/104) and ensure staff is informed, trained and aware in advance about the impact of these changes
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland and ensure proper governance and controls are in place; perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps
- Observe, inspect and evaluate the performance of the preparers and the reviewers (all grades), and recommend to the people manager the trainings needs of these people to eliminate knowledge and process gaps.
- Support internal training team while preparing training materials and delivering training sessions to the staff.
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems to increase productivity through the usage of information systems and other tools
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business in order to reduce to a minimum the number of queries to the Customer; track issue trends and escalate as needed
- Proposing and/or implementation the procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Initiating and overseeing tasks within the continuous improvement drive to ensure that the department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Own adoption of new tools and solutions and strongly support technical team within the department on preparation to migration, new ideas etc
- Analysis of the recurring issues reported in the logs, coordinate preparation of the adequate actions plan and makes sure these issues are properly addressed within the team in aim to increase the level of knowledge and increase the quality of the team deliverables.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls; evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy, initiate remedial action as necessary and ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures
- Contribute to analysis and planning of financial reporting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from your managers
A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar (preferred). Minimum 3 years of experience working in a financial reporting environment or 4 years funds experience. Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous.
Industry Knowledge General knowledge of financial services industry. Expertise in Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including IFRS, UK SORP, LUX GAAP, FRS
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes
- Up to date on technical issues relating to format, presentation and content of interim and annual reports
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in other departments, at all levels and be able to describe and explain processes
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressurised environment.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to delegate work to others
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
- Seeks responsibility
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops