Financial Reporting Subject Matter Expert, Officer
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Financial Reporting Subject Matter Expert, OfficerEnvironment
Financial Reporting department is responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, half year end and year-end financial statements for investment funds.
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of accounting standards and regulations (IFRS, Lux GAAP, UK SORP). You will be expected to work closely with your manager and financial reporting teams in Poland to plan and deliver high quality Financial Statements, projects assigned, perform day to day tasks pertinent to the department's activity and implement changes and improvements. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) you won't have direct reports.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Direct management of the assigned clients in line with expected KPI (100%) and internal and external client satisfaction.
- Cooperating with multiple internal and external stakeholders,
- Where business requirement act as reviewer of the work on allocated and ad hoc basis
- Act as central point of contact for accounting standards and regulation related queries, encountered on daily business, in order to support the staff and increase their expertise knowledge.
- Act as a subject matter expert in areas to be improved by cooperating departments (Fund Accounting, CSO, Taxes) or our internal technical/training team members to make all processes smoother and end products with high quality.
- Observe, inspect and evaluate the performance of the preparers and the reviewers (all grades), and recommend to the people manager the trainings needs of these people to eliminate knowledge and process gaps.
- Support internal training team while preparing training materials and delivering training sessions to the staff.
- Analysis of the recurring issues reported in the logs, coordinate preparation of the adequate actions plan and makes sure these issues are properly addressed within the team in aim to increase the level of knowledge and increase the quality of the team deliverables.
- Own adoption of new tools and solutions and strongly support technical team within the department on preparation to migration, new ideas etc
- Proposing and/or implementation the procedural changes to improve performance of the department.
- Initiating and overseeing tasks within the continuous improvement drive to ensure that the department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from senior management.
A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar ideally with accounting qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CPA) and will have 5-8 years' experience in a similar environment.
Industry Knowledge General knowledge of financial services industry. Expertise in Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including IFRS, UK SORP, LUX GAAP
- Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes
- Up to date on all technical issues relating to format, presentation and content of interim and annual reports
- Experience in working with a number teams / people who do not report directly to yourself
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in other departments, at all levels and be able to describe and explain processes
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressurised environment.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to delegate work to others
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
- Seeks responsibility
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops