Financial Accounting and Reporting Manager
- Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 May 19
Job Reference # 191998BR
Are you a financial accountant with a strong conceptual understanding and an analytical mindset? Do you have experience in coaching and supervising junior colleagues? We’re looking for a Financial Accounting and Reporting Manager to:
- oversee the compilation and analysis of financial and regulatory information relevant for external and regulatory disclosures
- contribute to and review internal reporting products that serve as control and governance documentation to support our external financial and regulatory reporting in a multi-framework environment
- build advanced accounting knowledge in our Krakow team by coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- prepare for and participate in review meetings with senior management
- work closely with other finance teams globally to ensure delivery of robust financial information
You will be working in a supervisory role in the Group Accounting, Controlling & Policy team located in Zurich, London, Krakow and India. We are responsible for the preparation and analysis of information in the UBS financial statements, ensuring compliance with IFRS and other relevant requirements, with the objective of achieving best in class financial reporting. We are also responsible for the preparation of Group and standalone regulatory reporting, including those related to capital adequacy and liquidity and funding, to our primary regulators FINMA and the SNB, as well as establishment of internal accounting control documentation for senior management. By ensuring that UBS's quarterly and annual reporting products as well as regulatory reporting are accurate and of the highest quality, the team plays a vital role in protecting the firm's financial reputation, ensuring compliance with international and regulatory requirements thereby enhancing the firm's standing with its stakeholders and within the financial industry as a whole. This position is located in Zabierzow, Eximius Park.
- a university degree in finance and/or a qualified accountant certification or equivalent degree
- relevant accounting work experience either through a controlling, reporting audit or consulting role, ideally with part of this work experience through a role with a Big 4 audit firm or a bank or another multinational company
- experience working with and an understanding of IFRS, US GAAP or another accounting or regulatory framework (e.g., Basel III)
- the strong ability to self-start and work independently, with experience in overseeing team members
- strong MS Office (required) and SAP Business Warehouse / Analysis or similar tool skills (beneficial)
- fluent in English (required) and German (beneficial)
- a strong and assertive communicator, comfortable interacting with counterparts at all levels (especially senior level management)
- methodical, concise and accurate, with a strong attention to detail
- operational manager strongly committed to the team's efforts with a professional, proactive and positive attitude
- able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.