Chirag Raichura (FINANCE)
Financial Accountant VP - Cracow
I am currently mandated on a search for a Global Investment Bank who are expanding their finance function in Cracow and are seeking experienced candidates with Finance experience from a Banking background.
- Review and own the financial control framework around the team’s processes including change control and reconciliation procedures that enable the financial integrity of the financial statements.
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations and substantiation and ensure that any items at risk are escalated as appropriate.
- Overseeing the month end close process and working with Business Finance
- Work on the reconciliation and GL review processes/projects involving the manipulation of data and spreadsheets
- Ability to analyse and interpret business, operational & system procedures to carry out review and propose any enhancement changes required
- Management information reported to managers and business areas
- Work on projects to automate and streamline areas of the month-end process
- Be the first point of contact for business partners in respect of issues with the general ledger or issues arising from posting on the sub systems
- Assisting in the production of a number of highly sensitive financial returns and disclosures, which are used to calculate overseas tax returns and provide data to external regulators, on behalf of the fiscal branches
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) – Essential
- Proven experience in a Financial Accountant/Control role within the Financial Services Sector – Essential
- Strong knowledge of IFRS Accounting Standards – ideally IFRS9
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting for derivatives
- Proven Process Improvement/Project experience
Ideally you will already be based in Poland or hold the right to work in Poland without sponsorship, however exceptional candidates who require sponsorship that meet the criteria and are willing to move to Poland will be considered.
This is a very exciting growth period for the team and an opportunity to be involved in strategic initiatives for a Global Bank with excellent visibility to the Leadership team.