Cybersecurity Metrics and Data Analyst, Officer
Who we are looking for: Officer - Cybersecurity Metrics and Data Analyst
The GCS Metrics and Data Analyst (Officer) works closely across the various Global Cybersecurity (GCS) and IT teams to support defining and delivering meaningful KPI/KRI's, trends, key insights and analysis aligned to our policies, standards and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
This role seeks an energetic individual who has a desire to analyze and transform complex data into a story that brings new information and convinces people to take actions. Creating partnerships with the service owners, highlight security metrics reporting with visually rich dashboards and presentations for key stakeholders; including service owners, Information Security Officers, business and regional leaders, executive leadership and other functional organizations. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Perform a myriad of data collection methods and statistical analyses to include visualizing data and communicating the meaning of the results to non-technical stakeholders,
- Analyzing raw data from various sources to find common points that can be used to create metrics.
- Meet and work with our clients to ensure their satisfaction while remaining within an effort's scope
- Understands cyber security goals and strategies; continually applies this understanding to identify and mature our security metrics reporting
- Translate Cybersecurity risk into requirements or user stories
- Conducting meetings with various teams in order to collect requirements
- Based on team's needs, produce and document requirements for PXO team.
- Transition requirements to PXO team
- Cooperation with PXO team in order to automate existing reporting, so we can drop manual computing in excel
- Experience facilitating focus groups or workshops with subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and proficiency with SPSS, Excel, Tableau and/or other data management, analysis, and visualization tools
- Ability to work on collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Innovative approaches to problem solving and creative and lateral thinking though initiation and development of new ideas
- Results orientated approach - focused on achieving measurable benefits
- Ability to assimilate information and pass on clear information to others
- Ability to support and motivate team and individuals
- Customer centricity - strong customer focus both internal and external
Why this role is important to us:
- Experience collecting, analyzing, reporting and presenting data
- Experience of working within the financial services or banking sector experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, emphasis on Excel.
- Prior experience with Tableau and Power BI a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Cybersecurity experience is a plus
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street: What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers