Corporate Actions Team Leader, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
An excellent opportunity has arisen at the senior associate level within Corporate Actions which involves carrying out a high risk function within the operation. The successful candidate's responsibilities primarily include the timely and accurate processing of client Corporate Actions instructions for Global market events within a Middle Office or Custody environment. This will also involve working closely with Global (Sub) Custodians around the instruction confirmation process on behalf of a diverse client base. What you will be responsible for:
What we value:
- Act as a Team Leader of an operating team providing support and control over complex and time critical corporate action events and transactions;
- Provide training and coaching to team members;
- Assist managers by prioritizing the workload and ensure daily tasks are completed;
- Ensure effective risk management by coordinating or completing end of day management reporting and ensuring timely escalation and resolution of pertinent issues;
- Act as a subject matter expert support on projects and initiatives aimed at improving the corporate action product;
- Provide coverage in the absence of team member or First Line Manager;
- As assigned process and/or resolve complex issues such as but not limited to instruction discrepancies, suspense account reconciliation and exception resolution;
- Assist and co-ordinate procedural changes to the current process;
- Identify areas where a process can be automated;
- Deliver effective client service.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills essential;
- Acts collaboratively;
- willingness to learn;
- Team player;
- Idea generator;
- Demonstrates ability to work accurately and to daily deadlines.
- An understanding of the financial services industry;
- Proven experience in Corporate Actions environment is a must;
- Understanding of Corporate Action Lifecycle;
- Knowledge of Swift Messaging Standards (ISO 15022);
- An excellent understanding of the financial services industry;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Good knowledge of financial instruments;
- Good knowledge of Custody Banking;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package.
About State Street What we do.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.