Collateral Subject Matter Expert, Senior Associate
Collateral management main focus is to reduce credit risk by exchanging eligible cash or securities between counterparties. The daily calculations are based on MTM of the underlying trades and results in sending Margin Calls, which in turn lead to agreeing transfers. Based on the agreements between our clients and the counterparties the Collateral team in Kraków ensures that all the exposures are fully collateralized and the agreed collateral transactions settle as agreed. Job Responsibilities:
Required skills and qualifications:
- Support client services, ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Answer queries from different departments, investigate and solve discrepancies
- Independently review and document process flows/ procedures and contribute new ideas/improvements to further streamline the process
- Get involved in departmental and external ad-hoc projects
- Train and develop other team members
- Prepare monthly internal and external statistics
- Build new tools, coordinate implementation of improvements
- Be a change agent, support LEAN efforts
- Coordinate and support ad-hoc client requests
- Participate in processes on-boarding, testing
What We Offer:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in asset management industry or banking or finance is required
- University degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting is preferred
- Knowledge of OTC markets / derivative instruments or VBA would be an advantage
- Understanding of financial markets basics is recommended
- Very good knowledge of MS Office suite
- Numeracy skills
- Good command of English is required
- Accuracy to work with tight deadlines
- Understanding of financial markets basics is needed
About State Street: What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.