Collateral Services Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
Collateral management main focus is to reduce credit risk by exchanging eligible cash or securities between counterparties. The daily calculations are based on MTM of the underlying trades and results in sending Margin Calls, which in turn lead to agreeing transfers. Based on the agreements between our clients and the counterparties the Collateral team in Kraków ensures that all the exposures are fully collateralized and the agreed collateral transactions settle as agreed. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Collateral Services Manager you will
What we value
- Ensure that the team meets accuracy and timeliness criteria
- Carry out responsibilities fairly and impartially; create and maintain an engaged work environment
- Assist in developing and implementing new workflow approaches and methods as well as system enhancements
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyze and proactively resolve issues
- Be the key point of contact for internal/external clients
- Hold authority to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment for direct reports and broader team as needed
- Hold authority to promote, increase salary and bonus for direct reports and broader team as needed
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff
- Manage Performance Priorities and development plans
- Ensure SOPs/regulations are met and escalate as needed
- Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge of overall process and operating model
- Identify all risk issues, breaches and suspicious transactions and acts in accordance with the 'risk' escalation chain and operating procedures
- Implement and communicate to staff risk framework changes and/or escalation chain changes
- Perform related duties as assigned
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Communicates effectively and accurately in English, German a plus
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Very good management skills
- Self- motivated, flexible, personable
- Good working knowledge of software packages, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Good interpersonal skills and an understanding of the rudimentary aspects of the global financial industry and also to Collateral Management would be advantageous
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area.
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience.
About State Street What we do.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers