Collateral Management Global Product and Strategy, AVP
- Location: Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Collateral Management Global Product and Strategy, AVPCollateral Management Global Product and Strategy- AVP
General Background :
As the current collateral management landscape continues to change and evolve - the role of the Collateral Product team must adjust to these changes. Over the past 18 months, there have been notable changes in the complexities and challenges that Collateral Operations teams now face. Whether it be adjusting to the new global regulations or dealing with the pressure of increased volumes, it becomes evident that ensuring a scalable solution that maximizes efficiencies needs to be prioritized. We will need to ensure our team can provide the required subject matter expertise to lead and engage in internal discussions with our business partners on all collateral management related initiatives. It's with these considerations that will help guide the skills profile that we are looking to acquire when staffing this role.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Work with team to execute the global strategy for collateral management with business & Operations teams.
- Drive execution of strategy through ongoing product and platform development [weekly meeting & review]
- Track and monitor regulatory changes to ensure collateral management services are aligned to evolving market regulations [bi-monthly review & tracking updates].
- Track and monitor ways to maximize our ability to deliver critical services which evolve from market regulations [bi-monthly review].
- Maintain and improve our existing process through regularly scheduled self-assessments [weekly meetings].
- Meet with internal business teams globally to track & prioritize system enhancements [weekly].
- Aid in managing the relationship with IT and others to ensure development is aligned to strategic goals for the product and that resources are allocated accordingly [weekly meetings].
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal/external clients and have ability to lead regularly scheduled meetings with internal teams
- Represent State Street in key industry forums and committees relating to collateral management.
- Meet with our business partners to ensure that product development & the corresponding business cases meets Client needs.
- Ensure continued learning and understanding of the broader responsibilities of collateral management.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-10 years of experience in financial services required; experience in collateral management functions and/or Custody of collateral preferred [Sell Side or Buy Side]
- Knowledge of Collateral Management systems and applications
- Knowledge of legal, credit and operational risks associated with Collateral Management preferred
- Knowledge of margining workflows and functions (documentation, futures, prime brokerage etc) preferred
- Awareness of OTC Derivative Products, industry and market initiatives preferred
- Self-confidence, high energy and tenacity in bringing issues to closure
- Demonstrated proven leadership ability along with proven project & people skills
- Strong organization skills - ability to effectively prioritize work, problem solve, track multiple initiatives and meet tight deadlines
- Strong operational risk awareness and escalation skills
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and process improvements
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong Project Management skills - ability to coordinate and lead projects
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills - interaction with all levels of Management
- Strong communication skills - verbal & written with ability to communicate clearly/concisely
- Strong presentation skills preferred - Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and ability to lead and/or participate in internal/external meetings