Close and Consolidation Expert, Officer
About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Mission
A position will be set up within the Poland Finance team based in Krakow. Reporting directly to the Close and Consolidation EMEA Lead, the successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for the close and consolidation process for multiple Legal Entities. This position offers an exciting opportunity for a suitable candidate to further their career and play a key role in the Finance Department of a global financial services organization. Scope of responsibilities:
Skills we value:
- Responsibility for the monthly preparation of the consolidated financial statements of the SSEHG KG;
- Support the annual preparation of the consolidated financial statements (notes, management report, cash flow statement,...) of SSEHG KG;
- Support regarding monthly preparation of financial statements (SSBI);
- Analysis and preparation of documentation supporting the HGB/ international GAAP treatment of complex accounting transactions;
- Maintenance of files for ad hoc requests and audits (incl. year-end);
- Preparation of annual asset movement schedules and accrual schedule for SSBI and SSEHG KG group;
- Preparation of documentation for the external auditor for quarterly review and yearly audit of financial statements;
- Support of the quarterly preparation of the FINREP package of SSEHG KG;
- Performance of/ support to special projects;
- Support regarding improvement of Accounting processes;
- Support regarding oversight of State Street HCL Service (SSHS India);
- Support of Forecast process.
- University degree in business administration or equal;
- 6+ years of relevant work experience;
- High level of technical knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (HGB, IFRS/US-GAAP).
- Analytical & problem solving abilities;
- Ability to create/maintain relationships with a wide range of SMEs at all levels;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Fluency in English;
Work, Live and Grow
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility
. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers.