Client Service Support Specialist, Associate
Job Description GROW YOUR CAREER IN STATE STREET
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Purpose of Role:
Under supervision of the Team Supervisor or the Manager, the Client Service Specialist provides direct client service support to internal clients, investment managers and central support teams to ensure timely and error free-processing and facilitate the resolution of problems related to complex events. Specific Duties: PRINCIPAL TASKS
REPORTING AND RECONCILIATION
- Establish and maintain an effective collaboration with the offshore Client Service and Business Partners Site.
- Provide inquiry and operational support to internal and external clients on complex, high-risk asset-servicing functions.
COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIPS
- Prepare reporting for client purpose e.g. KPI, Board Packs, Activity Sheets, payment requests, expense calculations and review.
- Perform operational tasks, including transaction and data reconciliation, and client reporting.
- Track and conduct research using internal and external sources to respond to and resolve complex inquiries and issues.
- Liaise with operations teams to solve processing problems. Identify the need for issue escalation.
- Maintain accurate records of research, follow-ups and client interaction.
- Proactively identify service issues with client-facing impact and bring them to the attention of the appropriate parties for the resolution.
- Initiate communication to the clients on complex asset-servicing matters.
- Provide timely and professional responses to all enquiries.
- Keep Team Supervisor informed as to the daily work progress and status of the requests.
- Keep Team Supervisor updated with regard to project progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with relevant colleagues in service support departments and contacts in the Donor Sites.
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior.
Basic goals and requirements for job position are set in Performance Management System. Work Parameters or Boundaries:
- Demonstrate good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines relating to projects and daily work.
- Maintain systematic filing practices.
- Adhere to clean desk policy and thorough record keeping.
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
- FSA Regulations - required for UK teams
- Accounting Standards
- Performance Management System
Level of Education:
- Strong knowledge of asset-servicing and global custody operational processes and systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with global operating parties in an efficient manner, considering cultural differences.
- Numeracy/literacy skills.
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing. Good technical skills in using MS Office.
- Very good English required.
- Analytical mindset - competent in problem solving.
- Strong organizational and communications skills as well as team orientation.
- Ability to operate under pressure with time-sensitive deadlines.
Previous Level of Experience:
- Accountancy or Business-related degree (preferred)
- Previous experience in fund administration preferred but not essential.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway