Client Implementation Analyst - Investment Operations with State Street Global Advisors, Associate
Promoting a Culture of Excellence We believe that our people are our greatest asset: highly skilled, engaged and productive teams are essential to our success. We also want to help you to build a fulfilling career, aiming to be the employer of choice by offering great compensation, development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse background of people, ideas and skills. State Street is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us.
The Company State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.8 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our focused, precise investment process and global approach, offering access to every major asset class and style, including low-cost index funds, target date strategies, and tailored multi-asset solutions. We wish to help clients and the millions of ordinary people who depend upon them to achieve financial security and confidence. To get this right, we are passionate about thoroughly understanding the specific needs of those we serve. We then apply our experience and intellectual rigour across a broad toolkit to develop and run thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. We employ more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries; have nine investment centres across the Americas, Europe and Asia, and have live, 24-hour trading desks in Boston, London and Hong Kong.
Client Implementation Analyst - Investment Operations
High calibre graduate with a good working knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. State Street are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
As a Client Implementation Analyst you will be responsible for the planning, coordination and efficient implementation of change events. As the key contact point for internal stakeholders, you will take ownership of change events and be expected to understand them to a high level of detail to ensure successful implementation.
Daily functions would include but not be limited to:
- Plan and manage the end to end process for change events assigned. Provide advice and consulting with all stakeholders on all aspects of client change events.
- Update and completion of event checklists, information packs and administration for each event, ensuring adherence to procedures.
- You will chair meetings with internal teams in preparation for each event.
- Provide operational support for more complex implementation events such as new Client Onboardings.
- Manage and coordinate market opening requests with Custodians and FCM account openings with Clearing Brokers.
- Manage the coordination and implementation of Credit Lines with external brokers.
- Support processes related to maintenance of Trading Agreements, such as Futures Give Ups, ISDA, CSA and GMRA.
- Work closely with the Contracting and KYC/AML teams to ensure timely completion of legal administration within planned timeframes. Event administration for contract renewals, fee changes and updates to restriction lists.
- You will ensure accurate static data set up on internal systems; maintain client and portfolio reference data. Data quality reporting.
- Extensive liaison with custodians, trading counterparties, transfer agencies and other external parties to ensure smooth event implementation.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners.
- Provide timely and accurate query investigation and resolution.
- Continuous focus on risk excellence and risk mitigation.
- Participate in projects as assigned.
You will interact with brokers, clearing agents, custodians, fund administrators, investment and transition managers and other third party providers external to SSGA. Internally, key interactions will be with relationship managers, portfolio managers and functional teams such as compliance, risk, legal, investment support, trade support, and reconciliations.
You are forward thinking and look to improve the current processes and procedures. Analysts are expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team, to follow issues and responsibilities through to resolution, to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager.
- You will have experience working with clients in multiple jurisdictions.
- Product experience desirable: Bonds, Equities, FX, Futures, OTC Derivatives, Funds.
- You are willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in priorities in delivery focused environment.
- You are able to build positive relationships with both internally and externally
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an excellent grasp of the importance of client service.
- You understand investment markets and settlement.
- Strong MS Windows applications, specifically Excel.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.