- Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- IG Group
Business Continuity Manager
- Kraków, Malopolskie, Poland
- Full time
- 19 Jun 19
IG empowers informed, decisive, adventurous people to access opportunities in over 15,000 financial markets. With a strong focus on innovation and technology, the company puts client needs at the heart of everything it does.
IG’s vision is to be a global leader in retail trading and investments. Established in 1974 as the world’s first financial spread betting firm, it continued leading the way by launching the world’s first online and iPhone trading services.
IG is now an award-winning, multi-platform trading company, the world’s No.1 provider of CFDs* and a global leader in forex. It provides leveraged services with the option of limited-risk guarantees, and offers an execution-only share dealing service in the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Ireland, Austria and the Netherlands. IG has recently launched a range of affordable, fully managed investment portfolios, to provide a comprehensive offering to investors and active traders.
It is a member of the FTSE 250, with offices across Europe, including a Swiss bank, Africa, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the US, where it offers on-exchange limited risk derivatives via the Nadex brand.
*Based on revenue excluding FX (from published financial statements, October 2016)
Business Continuity ManagerJob Title
Business Continuity Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Continuity Manager with experience of creating and supporting a Groups' Business Continuity (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) management programs to join IG Group and help us manage and maintain an effective BCP framework and the underpinning processes that support it.
This will be a varied and exciting role, reporting to the Head of Information Security. You will be involved in all forms of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery including the development of the Business Continuity lifecycle, a program of testing and exercising, training and awareness and management of incidents.
As the heart and soul of IG Business Continuity, they will be expected to collaborate and engage with the IG Group Entities and 3rd parties, be able to educate stakeholders on the importance of effective BCP and DR and ensure the continuance of effective BCP processes through proper accountability and ownership.
They will be expected to get fully involved with our portfolio of projects, working alongside the project delivery owners, ensuring effective Business Continuity is considered and delivered to agreed deliverables, timescales and expected outcomes.
They will need to work closely with IG Group Entity managers, ensuring localized BCP plans and DR strategies are effective and comply with the IG Group BCP Framework, Policy and relevant applicable regulations and organizational priorities. This would also include developing effective risk management procedures, continuity scenarios and contingency plans for systems and networks to maintain operations during downtime and or major disasters.
IG Group as a growing FTSE 250 company has regular audit mechanisms in place, and this role will work with relevant teams to ensure periodical testing is conducted, report deficiencies and ensure that coordination takes place to resolve issues. They will to work closely with the audit teams and own and manage the BCP Control Actions and ensuring they are delivered on time in a relevant manner.
Based on the above, it is vital that this person is able to establish strong and effective relationships across the business, whilst maintaining a sense of accountability and order. Doing this right will provide stakeholders a proper sense of assurance in their BCP and DR practices.
Own, develop and maintain the IG Group Business Continuity Framework, and ensure the efficient delivery of the subordinate points:
- Chair BCP Steering Committee
- Ensure BCP risks are understood and managed
- Own and develop the BCP Framework which requires a review of the BIA processes
- Coordinate the ownership, review and testing of BCP and DR plans for critical services, working with teams to ensure plans remain valid and fit for purpose and in accordance with standards.
- Maintain a schedule of work for year and produce monthly KPIs to track the status
- Review DR testing against agreed RPO / RTO and ensure issues and actions are managed
- Build and maintain an effective relationship with audit, own the BCP control actions list and ensure Control Actions related to BCP / DR are delivered on time.
- Promote global awareness of BCP, standards, plans, processes and arrangements and develop an IG Group BCP awareness programme that ensures relevant staff receive the messages required
- Manage the emergency communication system and ensure that all relevant group staff are appropriately covered by this system, and conduct regular tests.
- Be able to conduct fundamental man management
- Provide updates to Head of Information Security on progress
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent analytical, research skills, combined with the ability to formulate solution options to challenges faced.
The successful candidate will possess an expert understanding of business continuity and disaster recovery and a good level understanding across information security and technology in general.
Must be a self-starter with minimal guidance, providing weekly updates in the team meetings. Be able to engage and build strong working relationships with a variety of IG stakeholders.
The successful candidate must be able to speak and understand a good level of English and have worked with a variety of global teams.
The successful candidate must be able to work calmly in high pressurized situations.
- Strong experience in implementing BCP and DR Frameworks and supporting structures (within financial sector ideally but not essential)
- Strong understanding of BCP and DR regulations
- Experience establishing and maintain BCP and DR across global businesses/teams
- Experience in delivering BCP education and awareness
- Knowledge of BCP threats and risk assessments
- Experience managing relevant BCP planning and DR testing
- Ability to manage operational staff, create and present effective reports and KPIs
- Upper Second Class (or better) degree
- BCP / CISM / CISSP professional qualification
- Self-motivator with the ability to get things done
- Strong personal organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize tasks (audit control actions lists and tasks)
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
- Demonstrable experience of effective plans and processes
- Must be able to work effectively with auditors/regulators and variety of business stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster customer relationships.
- Ability to handle fluctuating workloads, conflicting priorities, and concurrent activities
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Have a good work/life balance and level of common sense
Number of openings