Business Analyst, AVP
Who we are looking for
The State Street's AlphaSM Data Services team is seeking a versatile, self-motivated individual with strong business systems analysis skills, data management experience and an understanding of reference data architecture and operational workflows to partner with business stakeholders, architects and IT on the design and implementation of operational support models and solutions that visualize the flow of information through reference data components of our new enterprise data model and facilitate the resolution of reference data issues that impact our Alpha Data Service offering.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, demonstrate an ability to liaise between operational, implementation and technology teams, be able to build consensus on successful project outcomes that not only streamline and provide transparency into daily operational processes but are also easily adopted by the operational teams. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business Analyst you will
What we value
- Actively participate in business requirements elaboration, functional design and platform growth strategy sessions
- Collaborate on creating software solutions and challenge assumptions around current state operational processes to identify new, less obvious, streamlined solutions
- Build effective working relationships with operational teams, IT product development teams and business partners across the organization
- Conduct interviews, generate user stories, develop scenarios and workflow analyses
- Perform in-depth analysis of the functional capabilities inherent to our existing and emerging data platforms and job monitoring technologies
- Document functional requirements using both Waterfall and Agile approach; providing context for how immediate deliverables will evolve to address long term business goals
- Participate in Agile development team ceremonies as a team member and/or product owner
- Identify opportunities in which the platform will not only support but strengthen operational flow
- Provide transparency on platform strategy and project dependencies through roadmaps and regular communication
- Conduct regular demos of new features for the stakeholder community
- Perform business user acceptance testing
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the service offering to perform Subject Matter Expert activities; consultancy, implementation configuration and demonstrations
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with financial services, business intelligence and data warehousing principles
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills; capable of influencing courageously at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated excellence in business writing and business process analysis
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills, attention to detail and organization - makes an effort to independently troubleshoot and gather supporting evidence
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Outstanding analytical and interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Able to multi-task to meet time-driven goals
- University degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, MIS, Information Technology or related field of study
- Typically, 7 years' experience contributing to development of business requirements on application development projects
- Track record of implementing effective software solutions either through AGILE or other SDLC approaches
About State Street What we do.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers