Audit Oversight (NA Commingled Fund Products) with State Street Gloabl Advisors, SA
Purpose Of Role:
State Street Global Advisors handles and is a promoter of around 400 funds and 700 commingled products. The NA Funds Management team provides a centralized oversight program for various SSGA products and services by implementing, handling and/or watching the administration, tax, treasury, fund governance and regulatory reporting requirements for SSGA funds; including monitoring of fund costs and prompt payment of authorized expenses.
Responsible for multiple operational functions in support of various State Street Global Advisors investment products, including, but not limited to:
- Support functions performed for the commingled funds audit, including monthly capstock proofs and trial review.
- Instruct daily accruals, reconciliation and filing of National Instrument 45-106 for Canadian pooled funds.
- Calculate and instruct daily security level lending caps.
- Calculate offline amortization for select international TIP and Review of annual financial documents Specific Duties:
You will work in a critical deadline environment, while handling high volumes and can act as a liaison between custodian, internal operational teams, and external audit firms.
- You will provide all deliverables to internal and external parties on time as well as participate in the review of audited financial documents.
- Respond to internal/external requests on time and Demonstrate the ability to handle a work load and/or projects.
- Demonstrate validated computer and/or other required business application skills.
- Meeting or exceeding all specified deadlines, you will possess general knowledge of the functions involved in other operations groups. Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
Internal State Street Poland procedures & regulations
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Your passion will include a deep understanding of registered investment companies (mutual funds and exchange traded funds)
- You care about detail and are very organized with a high level of initiative and ownership
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Your primarily focused on delivering quality results and are solution orientated Skills You'll Use Every Single Day
Critical Behaviors for Success as defined by the PPR System at Core level
- Good numerical and analytical abilities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent teammate
- Very good English Disposition
- You are very ambitious
- You are hardworking
- You are self-reliant Level Of Education:
You will posses a Bachelor's degree in either Accounting/Finance.
Previous Level Of Experience:
Three to five years relevant experience in investment operations experience with a deep understanding of fund administration/fund accounting.
Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned. All issues with which Employee turns to the one level up Manager should have been discussed with his/her direct Superior.
- Employee has the right to appeal from every decision of his/her direct Superior to the one level up Manager.