Audit Manager, AVP
Who we are looking for
Are you a talented professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity to grow along with a global industry leader? Are you interested in identifying and helping to mitigate complex application and infrastructure risks? Are you passionate about using your technical knowledge to navigate complex business, operational and technology challenges? If so, then we may have the solution for you. Why this role is important to us
As a member of State Street Corporation's Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company's daily operations.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for What you will be responsible for
As the Audit Manager, you will be responsible amongst others for:
What we value
- successfully planning, executing and completing audits according to a risk-based approach, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies, and preparing audit reports.
- demonstrate knowledge of financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminologies (e.g. COSO); process and control industry standards; risk management practices and techniques; and internal audit process, technology and tools for planning, design, performance, testing and reporting.
- facilitating effective communication and coordination with business management at all levels and must have excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- developing a thorough understanding and knowledge base of the company's operations, establish effective business relationships within the company and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
- maintaining a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensuring best practices are always considered.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A high degree of professionalism and leadership and proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders in a fast paced environment as well as to manage complex nonroutine situations while multi-tasking
- Strong team leadership skills which include creating an environment of trust, soliciting diverse views from team members as well as coaching and developing staff through timely meaningful feedback
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Fluency in English - written and spoken.
- University degree in business or related field, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
- Audit experience in public accounting (or corporate internal audit) and specific experience in either auditing custody, fund administration, depotbank, and international audit experience and/or related experience managing complex audit operations or related projects (5+years)
What We Offer:
- Travel up to 20% may be required.
- Knowledge of additional European language will be considered a plus.
About State Street: What we do.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- Multisport card
- Additional holiday days
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.